How to Play SWBF1 on Mac 10.5.8 or higher

Started by Kit Fisto, October 28, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2014, 03:55:30 PM #60 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:14:53 PM by Kit Fisto
I made a much better tutorial video and included how to play online again.  8)

http://youtu.be/Tbh_Zi_DZAA

Aha, this time around the installation worked! It ran fine, and I even managed to get into a server, until I had an odd crash. Wooo!

Cool! I'm glad it worked for you this time. The port rarely crashes so it shouldn't be a regular thing for you. :)

Yes, I just had a game of decent length without any apparent FPS drop and with no crashes...
Thanks kit, now I can play SWBF again!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 30, 2014, 07:17:40 AM
Yay! Is the new video what helped you?
Yes it was.
The problem I had before was using the multi-disc installation, on my first attempt the installer didn't prompt to insert the next disc etc.
This time around it worked properly.

Hi!

I reinstalled SWBF today (I'm on a mac 10.5.8 using a mac copy of SWBF) and I can play the game no problem single player but when I try to host a game on Gameranger I get a "bad cd key" prompt and cannot play.

This is an old issue that the creator of gameranger fixed but clearly I'm having issues again and don't know how to fix it. Can anyone offer some solid advice? Following Kit Fisto's video seems unnecessary since I have a Mac disk.

Well, A-99, if the creator fixed it, wouldn't you need to update GR then? Or are you at the most recent update?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

An obvious idea and unfortunately the first one I tried :(

Any more comprehensive ideas?

It's been a while since I used gr. Does it happen in the gr window or on the server loading screen? From what I remember gameranger goes through all the screens automatically.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Hey guys,
I luckily was able to purchase swbf again, its the pc version. Then I came across your nice guide but I´ve got a problem with the installapp: everything works fine until I have to type in my game key. In the window where my serialnumber is required Im not able to type anything, neither with the physic keyboard nor the virtual keyboard.

I use a macbook from mid 2010, 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

I hope you can help me asap.

greets Dark_F

Still doesn´t work. So I hope someone else is able to help me, maybe the host of this guide.

Greets Dark_F

I have never heard of that problem before. Are you using Wine? You can always install on a friends PC and transfer the files to your Mac...