Hello! I'm new and need some help

Started by Rigshot, May 02, 2017, 07:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
alright, so battlefront 2 was a game of my child hood. i loved it and recently bought it on steam. now i'm trying to get the multiplayer to work. I've read many threads, downloaded many links on this site, followed several instructions, and I've failed many times. i would love to hear from someone who has managed to make it work. i'm probably skipping over something very miner, and that's screwing everything up. so if anyone could lead me to a link and walk me through it like a child, that would be great!

The easiest thing to try first is to use the auto installer
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1248

If that doesn't work, let us know what version of windows you are using, steam or not steam SWBF2, and anything else you think would be useful.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i'm using windows 10, and i have the game on steam. i followed a guide for steam owners on this site before. i downloaded it and moved it to the correct file. i tried starting up multiplayer several times and the game acts like the download did nothing. hopefully that's enough information to point me in the right direction. if not feel free to ask!  :D

ok, so please specify if you used autoinstaller, or not and let us know if you are starting it with steam.  The way you want to start it is to make a short cut from the new exe file (once it is properly installed) to your desktop and start it from the shortcut.

alright, so i downloaded the auto installer. then when it started up i changed the destination, which was for the people who had the game on disc, to the folder for the game, which is under steam. i just did what you said, and created a shortcut to my desktop for the new file. i take it that is supposed to start the game, but an error message pops up. it says "the program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer..."

Hey, got it to work! found my issue, Thank you for the link though!

So I am getting the exact same message about binkw32.dll is missing.  How did you solve this issue?

make sure the new exe file is in the GameData folder, no where else.