Log Trap in SWBF

Started by Dark_Phantom, September 30, 2013, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 30, 2013, 12:03:50 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:10:21 PM by Dark_Phantom

Watch the log trap from the Endor assets at work in this video!  You can see this trap on Endor if you ever watched the demo video by GamertagTowellie.

Note: it is unlisted right now so you have to use this link.

Another note:  This video was made due to the fact I have never seen anyone actually use this in BF.  If anyone has other than the demos, please show me.  Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

WOAH.. Just think of the possibility!

log trap and catapault vs zombies in progress thanks for getting this to work

hold on a second... rolling logs implies physics.
I didn't know SWBF knew physics.

Thanks for showing this.

Quote from: tirpider on September 30, 2013, 12:51:51 PM
hold on a second... rolling logs implies physics.
I didn't know SWBF knew physics.

Thanks for showing this.

I think the code you're looking for is imbedded in here:
QuoteCHUNKSECTION       = "CHUNK1"
ChunkGeometryName    = "log1"
ChunkNodeName = "hp_log"
ChunkTerrainCollisions    = "255"
ChunkPhysics       = "SIMPLE"
ChunkVelocityFactor    = 0.0
ChunkSpeed          = 0.0
ChunkBounciness      = 0.7
ChunkSimpleFriction   = 0.12
ChunkDeathSpeed      = 3.0
//ChunkInitialCollisionSound = "end_log_collision"
//ChunkScrapeCollisionSound  = "end_log_roll"
Many more chunks but that's just the first one.
I'm thinking it probably has something to do with ChunkPhysics = "SIMPLE" and then all the fun stuff after it.  After I videoed posted this I thought "Wait a minute.  I pushed those logs. And they responded to terrain. Of all the things... why didn't I even consider this?"  Those logs wouldn't go down without a push.  They didn't automatically roll.

Also, Phobos, I disproved my trap theory since they responded to both units (shown) and walkers (used Sereja's spider droid for that test).  Did not try hover yet.  Although it could just be the type of trap.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I wonder what would happen if it was ChunkPhysics          ="INTERMEDIATE" or "COMPLEX" or whatever the executable says in the code for higher physics technology.. Or is the only one left just "SIMPLE" ?

no offence but i rly wonder how u could upload (with ur inet) an HD video
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

September 30, 2013, 03:22:08 PM #7 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:25:49 PM by Dark_Phantom
Quote from: Kniescheibenzerschredderer on September 30, 2013, 02:43:35 PM
no offence but i rly wonder how u could upload (with ur inet) an HD video
I'm not at home.  I use the internet at college.

edit- is it really HD?  I never noticed, I always thought FRAPS just did standard def.  Either way it doesn't matter.

Dem rolling logs, I think I'm in love.

Also has no one ever bothered to notice the fact that when a droid or vehicle explodes SWBF applies physics to the chunks from that? Granted they don't look very realistic but that is probably due to the way the object is configured. Because if this is properly configured simple physics, imagine what full could do if configured properly...

Quote from: SleepKiller on September 30, 2013, 04:24:11 PM
Dem rolling logs, I think I'm in love.

Also has no one ever bothered to notice the fact that when a droid or vehicle explodes SWBF applies physics to the chunks from that? Granted they don't look very realistic but that is probably due to the way the object is configured. Because if this is properly configured simple physics, imagine what full could do if configured properly...
Really sucks how it only applies to chunks though. Unless there is some loop hole (:rofl:)?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 30, 2013, 04:27:03 PM
Really sucks how it only applies to chunks though. Unless there is some loop hole (:rofl:)?
You can also do fun things with the hover vehicle type, since SWBF is constantly re-calculating it's position anyway. They have some physics settings you can tweak.

And no I don't get it...

I'd love to see that in some great mod maps. So much potential!

So, you didn't mod them at all? They're just are able to use by placing them in ZE?

Yes, make sure you have all of the necessary msh and tga files.  It's all stock.