Steam Deck SWBF error with mod map: 'Could not open mission.lvl'

Started by Unit 33, October 28, 2022, 02:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Upon trying to play Giftheck's new map 'Dune Sea Exchange' I was presented with a fatal error which read 'Could not open mission.lvl'.

I have not encountered this kinda error before, is this a known issue with the Steam version of SWBF?

Quote from: Unit 33 on October 28, 2022, 02:06:23 AMUpon trying to play Giftheck's new map 'Dune Sea Exchange' I was presented with a fatal error which read 'Could not open mission.lvl'.

I have not encountered this kinda error before, is this a known issue with the Steam version of SWBF?

Does Jabba's Palace work OK?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on October 28, 2022, 04:08:13 AMDoes Jabba's Palace work OK?
Yup, works a charm.

(also the loading times on this thing are crazy faster than my 8 year old mac hehe)

I have never heard of that happening before :( . Is it just mine or does it affect any other previously-working mod map?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Giftheck on October 28, 2022, 06:23:47 AMI have never heard of that happening before :( . Is it just mine or does it affect any other previously-working mod map?
I've never heard of it either! I begin to think it might be specific to the Steam version of the game.

odd that jabba works and another mod map would not...I assume it is still in addon for the steam version
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on October 28, 2022, 12:46:38 PModd that jabba works and another mod map would not...I assume it is still in addon for the steam version
Yup, I tried a random mod map (Bespin Skymaze) and it ran fine.

Maybe there's something in the Deck or the Steam version of SWBF that can't handle custom mission.lvl files

oh well!

Quote from: Unit 33 on October 28, 2022, 01:35:02 PMYup, I tried a random mod map (Bespin Skymaze) and it ran fine.

Maybe there's something in the Deck or the Steam version of SWBF that can't handle custom mission.lvl files

oh well!

I would suggest looking into some of the tools created by Bad AL, it allows you to easily inject new content into the base game files. Make sure that new content is prepared similarly to vanilla content (i.e. no DC: calls, etc)

https://github.com/BAD-AL
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.