Possible "replay" mod?

Started by Bluetothestars, September 15, 2022, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey,

I'm trying to create a cinematic, however this is proving quite difficult especially since I don't have actors. Is there a possible way to have the game "replay" back a match which can then be accessed in freecam mode? This would make it so much easier.

No such functions exist in the game engine.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

although there are such things in windows.  It might work.
https://www.aiseesoft.com/resource/mouse-recorder.html

idk
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think he asking can he re-watch the match that just occurred, like Rocket League. Neither BF game has such a feature. The best you are going to get is freecam mode + good quick reactions to capture cool moments.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on September 15, 2022, 04:49:49 PMI think he asking can he re-watch the match that just occurred, like Rocket League. Neither BF game has such a feature. The best you are going to get is freecam mode + good quick reactions to capture cool moments.
Would it be possible to somehow implement it through an advanced mod?

I said the game engine has no such functionality. It's not possible period.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on September 16, 2022, 07:58:59 AMI said the game engine has no such functionality. It's not possible period.

Maybe another way would be to have two clients open, they both join the same server and one client could go into free cam mode while one client just plays as the character, the only problem would be that there would need to be a way to "attach" the camera to the character so that while OBS records the free cam client i could use the other client to control the character. They did this in the cutscenes in the Galactic Conquest where it follows the npc's and a player controlled character at a certain angle

Doesn't SWBF2 have a death cam?  Where it follow the killer for a short while?  Maybe there is a way to extend that time, idk.

Quote from: Led on September 17, 2022, 09:10:33 AMDoesn't SWBF2 have a death cam?  Where it follow the killer for a short while?  Maybe there is a way to extend that time, idk.

Yeah it does, though I think it would be easier to somehow bind the freecam to a character so it follows them, since the death cam doesn't follow the killer up close.

Quote from: Bluetothestars on September 17, 2022, 08:56:48 PMYeah it does, though I think it would be easier to somehow bind the freecam to a character so it follows them, since the death cam doesn't follow the killer up close.

changing the follow time is just a hex edit once you know the location of the value
binding it to another character would be nearly impossible