is a custom historical campaign possible ?

Started by wsa30h, February 01, 2020, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 01, 2020, 10:00:51 AM Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:04:05 AM by wsa30h
would it be possible for me to create a mini custom campaign ? if so what do i need and how would i go about starting ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Yes.  You should be able to do three things:
1.) Custom shell for new button (or something like replacing current campaign).  You'll have to make a button on ifs_sp and tie it to SP_Campaign_WSA30h or something like that.
2.) Edit missionlist.lua to use your campaign scripts
3.) Create campaign scripts for the main mission.lvl (you can use regular scripts, and to finalize it the "correct" way is to set up HIS references in the map, and then use SetHistorical() in the campaign.  This can be seen in any stock map how to do this (look at vehicles)).

There is another way to do this that might be easier than editing the main scripts:
1.) Create a standard addon map, and replace the current campaign using addon.script.  I can make a tutorial how to do this if you really want.  BF2 users have done it for ages and I've never seen anyone do it for BF1.
2.) Add all your campaign missions to the addon mission.lvl and set all the maps up in the campaign folder.

The issue with this would be counting against the 50 addon map rule, but it would make it easier for people using your campaign to install and remove it without much hassle.  It's up to you how you think it would be best for users.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

February 01, 2020, 02:26:05 PM #2 Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:41:49 PM by wsa30h
thanks dark if and when you have time i would like a video tutorial. its always easier atleast for me to watch a video tutorial. i would prefer to go the addon way so that people dont have to replace any stock files, but if that isnt possible then am  open to other ways of doing it.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh