John Williams to score Star Wars: Episode VII

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», July 27, 2013, 12:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am personally quite excited because that was one of my concerns was the music. To me, the music is a very important aspect of movies, and Star Wars. I am a big fan of the Star Wars music (have several of the movies soundtracks), and have also really enjoyed John Williams other works. This makes me much more hopeful for the movies.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2013-john-williams-to-score-star-wars-episode-vii.html
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

It's nice to know they are using some people from the original films. I think they've got the music and the director right so lets just see how the writer turns out and if the actors are any good. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Brilliant man, without his music it just wouldn't be Star Wars.

Phineas and Ferb + Star Wars would still be good with John Williams background music. It just emotionally attaches you to the movie.. Love it!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

From the news I heard a couple months ago (JW saying he wants to do Episode VII, Kathleen Kennedy wanting JW to do music) I new it was a matter of time until they got the contracts out of the way and made the official announcement.

I'm really happy and I don't feel like making a huge post about how happy I am. But if Episode VII sucks, you can bet the music will be amazing! ;)