BF Builder & Munging Errors

Started by Unit 33, September 02, 2015, 06:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I'm trying to make a map.

Firstly, when using BF builder I come across the first error 'Path not found'. This occurs when creating a new project (the project folders are created seemingly in-tact) and opening a project (I cannot open a project due to this error).

So, I tried to bypass the need for BF builder and followed Led's tutorial on editing shipped maps.
Everything seems fine, the world loads and I can make edits in ZE.

When I munge this map I get the other error.

Please help!

The first error happened to me when I had BF Builder (EXE) seperated from the other files. I think it needs to be somewhere in the folders, although I'm not home at the moment and can't give you a lot of info.

I know nothing of the second error, sorry.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

September 02, 2015, 09:25:02 AM #2 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:46:21 AM by Unit 33

The first error only appears in BFBuilder Pro.

Munging error still occurs, the specific line is:

Seems to be something to do with the LUA?

September 02, 2015, 07:17:04 PM #3 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:18:51 PM by Dark_Phantom
Could the name of that file be throwing it off?  It's failing before it even starts.  You'll have to adjust the .req files and stuff if you go that route, but I'm wondering if it is.
If it's not that, have you made any changes to the stock .lua?

--Also I create projects with BFBuilder Pro, but I munge/load them with the regular BFBuilder html.  I probably have something set up wrong, but for some reason, this always worked.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Unit 33 on September 02, 2015, 06:45:21 AM
So, I'm trying to make a map.

Firstly, when using BF builder I come across the first error 'Path not found'. This occurs when creating a new project (the project folders are created seemingly in-tact) and opening a project (I cannot open a project due to this error).

So, I tried to bypass the need for BF builder and followed Led's tutorial on editing shipped maps.
Everything seems fine, the world loads and I can make edits in ZE.

When I munge this map I get the other error.

Please help!

For this error, it appears that the mod tools are not installed in the correct location.

Please use this mod tool package
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1219
and get it to the specific location
c:\LucasArts\BFBuilder

and give it a whirl again.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 03, 2015, 01:26:52 AM #5 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:42:30 AM by Unit 33
:huzzah: Okay thanks a lot guys, that seems to work somewhat better, the aforementioned munging error has gone away, and now there are even more errors!

Quotesoundflmunge.exe : Warning : No files in file list mod1  - while munging C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder\Dataice1\Sound\worlds\mod\mod1.asfx
The file is actually there, I opened it in notepad and it's empty (which I assume is wrong).

.Interestingly the addon folder is created, and appears in instant action as 'New Mod' or whatever the default name is. On selection is simply loads up an unchanged version of Rhen Var Citadel.

.The ZE in this pack does not save edits any more, and the shipped map loads up with random bits missing.
So perhaps I could make my edits in my other BFbuilder and transfer the world file and relevant assets.

September 03, 2015, 04:46:51 AM #6 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:48:24 AM by Led
The sound munge error is typical.  You will always get that.  It's not a problem unless you use custom sounds in which case that is a whole new can of worms.

Quote from: Led on September 03, 2015, 04:46:51 AM
The sound munge error is typical.  You will always get that.  It's not a problem unless you use custom sounds in which case that is a whole new can of worms.
Ah... so the error doesn't halt the munger totally?
I suppose the remaining issue is ZE ignoring my changes, but I'll see if I can use my other ZE and copy over the files...

Right, the soundmunge error is no problem.

The ZE issue is more troublesome.  Once a map goes to crap, you really can't recover it.  Best to start all over with the map and try again.

The config file in my mod tools re-package has the appropriate setting for the flip model issue.  Make sure that config file stays read only, too.

September 03, 2015, 08:53:18 AM #9 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:22:13 AM by Unit 33
I kept having the same issue when loading Rhen Var: Citadel, perhaps the huge amount of props on that map made ZE sad.

So instead, I loaded Hoth, edited it a little, and the edits actually saved... once.
The next time I edited the map in ZE, is was all switched about again.

The big thing with that is "FlipModelX" or something like that.  Led's edited config file has the fix in it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Interestingly the config files were not checked 'read only'. I've re-downloaded the pack again, and I haven't experienced any more issues yet.

Thanks guys!