SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF

Started by Snake, March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sounds interesting, I'm sure Alpha will want to be involved in one form or another. Will be nice to see a lot of the old clans (hopefully) come back  :cheer:

I'm a retired Alpha Clan veteran, however I might side with them again in the near future. On the other hand, I might make a clan for myself, possibly resurrect ol' TGM for old times sake.

[spoiler]Now I hope that Shazam resurrects DX Clan. :P[/spoiler]

April 20, 2015, 09:47:34 AM #77 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:56:48 AM by Snake
Alright, I've been thinking about the whole thing during class instead of paying attention, also I merged the SWBFG clan topic with this one since they're basically the same thing.

So the way I see it, here are our options:

-All clans combine into one clan (BFO/SWBFG with one rule system, rank system, website)

-All clans combine into one clan with semiautonomous "states" inside of it. (If you can only wear one clan tag, wear BFO/SWBFG tags, if you can wear two, wear your clan tag and BFO/SWBFG tags, we have events and stuff for all members of clans in BFO/SWBFG, but everyone recruits for their clan specifically, has their own rules/ranks/website/etc - group tournaments/game nights/etc.)

-Or maybe a middle ground between the two with a single rule system, rank system, a website with separate forums for each clan where they can conduct their own business how they like, but must abide by the overall rules and ranks. Perhaps the leader of each clan could be a representative on a council to decide things for the entire group.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 20, 2015, 09:47:34 AM
Alright, I've been thinking about the whole thing during class instead of paying attention, also I merged the SWBFG clan topic with this one since they're basically the same thing.

So the way I see it, here are our options:

-All clans combine into one clan (BFO/SWBFG with one rule system, rank system, website)

-All clans combine into one clan with semiautonomous "states" inside of it. (If you can only wear one clan tag, wear BFO/SWBFG tags, if you can wear two, wear your clan tag and BFO/SWBFG tags, we have events and stuff for all members of clans in BFO/SWBFG, but everyone recruits for their clan specifically, has their own rules/ranks/website/etc - group tournaments/game nights/etc.)

-Or maybe a middle ground between the two with a single rule system, rank system, a website with separate forums for each clan where they can conduct their own business how they like, but must abide by the overall rules and ranks. Perhaps the leader of each clan could be a representative on a council to decide things for the entire group.

I will edit this later after my next class.
I kind of like the idea of a political system involving all clans having their own business/state, and yet are merged under the same banner (in a way, very much like countries). :P Basically, I kind of like your second option, as it lets the clans have their freedom, and simultaneously we all "stand as one" in a way.

This is either going to be a major community in the new game, or it will be a small sect of a larger territory in the new game.

Quote from: Gold Man on April 20, 2015, 09:54:41 AM
I kind of like the idea of a political system involving all clans having their own business/state, and yet are merged under the same banner (in a way, very much like countries). :P Basically, I kind of like your second option, as it lets the clans have their freedom, and simultaneously we all "stand as one" in a way.

This is either going to be a major community in the new game, or it will be a small sect of a larger territory in the new game.

The trick is we as a site need to reach out to the other remaining clans and communities remaining (I'm looking at you Game Toast). We take this concept to them and discuss this early so we can have a plan of action in the works before the game comes out. If we unite the old player base (or at least it's oldest communities) when members start coming back they'll arrive into this new clan syndicate we've built. I think done right, this could be pretty big.  :tu:
photobucket limit image removed

We can certainly try, but Gametoast has their own clan, and based on their usual general demeanor, I doubt they would want to be involved.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Have we considered talking to any of the other SWBFII sources? Such as SWBFCustom? Or SWGO?

I have reached out to a PS2 SWBF community and SWBF-Custom so far. We still need the clans that have ties here to get involved, though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Essentially im for a UN system where all of us have membeship to it and if we wanted to we can represent that entirely or both our clans and the group respectfully.

Basically, but less official and political. It will be a mutualistic relationship between all the former clans. If we all band together, we will start out as the largest clan in the new battlefront. I'm sure recruiting would be sky high because of that, not to mention all the people who once played SWBF 1 or 2 and want to be a part of the old timers club. We would get to meet all our old friends who stayed on PC. All clans would have their own autonomy, just in a united group only for former SWBF clans.

I'm thinking about having our own website and servers as well and/or we could use SWBFGamers.

Also, Epifire inspired me with a name idea. He called it the Syndicate. The Originals Syndicate TOS, maybe? Battlefront Syndicate BFS? or just the Syndicate. Sounds neat. Just some ideas. Epifire and I will be working on sort of founding document to outline everything we think the syndicate is and could be. We will send to all the clans we know of. Please let me know if you want it sent to your clan to look over! I will also post it here.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 20, 2015, 09:28:59 PM
Basically, but less official and political. It will be a mutualistic relationship between all the former clans. If we all band together, we will start out as the largest clan in the new battlefront. I'm sure recruiting would be sky high because of that, not to mention all the people who once played SWBF 1 or 2 and want to be a part of the old timers club. We would get to meet all our old friends who stayed on PC. All clans would have their own autonomy, just in a united group only for former SWBF clans.

I'm thinking about having our own website and servers as well and/or we could use SWBFGamers.

Also, Epifire inspired me with a name idea. He called it the Syndicate. The Originals Syndicate TOS, maybe? Battlefront Syndicate BFS? or just the Syndicate. Sounds neat. Just some ideas. Epifire and I will be working on sort of founding document to outline everything we think the syndicate is and could be. We will send to all the clans we know of. Please let me know if you want it sent to your clan to look over! I will also post it here.

id like to speak to you about it in detail whenver you have time contact me :D

Quote from: Snake on April 20, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

There goes snake, always wanting to run off and make his own website...  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

QuoteIt will be a mutualistic relationship between all the former clans. If we all band together, we will start out as the largest clan in the new battlefront. [...] All clans would have their own autonomy, just in a united group only for former SWBF clans.

I really like this idea, I doubt my friends from BW would want to join another clan because we're very much attached to our current independance and personnal forum. But having a community reuniting old SWBF players without requiring membership and dedication to another clan is something I'm interested in.

The Syndicate is a great name on its own. I'm not sure about parting ways with SWBFGamers.com. Led has done so much for the community I don't think it would be a great idea to abandon his forums. Maybe you ( Led ) could create a new board, just as you did for YAK ?

The only downside is that the Syndicate would not have a personnal interface / forum. Maybe we could have a basic html page with all the needed informations, and it would redirect to the forums ?

Quote from: hellish hellbird on April 20, 2015, 10:08:38 PM

id like to speak to you about it in detail whenver you have time contact me :D

Alright, I will download xfire and get on tonight after class.

Quote from: Led on April 21, 2015, 12:01:21 AM
There goes snake, always wanting to run off and make his own website...  ;)

No, I hate making websites. :P We were actually talking about getting a good AaTc website last night and for some reason it seemed like a good idea to do one for the Syndicate as well. I'd definitely rather use SWBFGamers.

Quote from: Syyy on April 21, 2015, 06:55:08 AM
I really like this idea, I doubt my friends from BW would want to join another clan because we're very much attached to our current independance and personnal forum. But having a community reuniting old SWBF players without requiring membership and dedication to another clan is something I'm interested in.

The Syndicate is a great name on its own. I'm not sure about parting ways with SWBFGamers.com. Led has done so much for the community I don't think it would be a great idea to abandon his forums. Maybe you ( Led ) could create a new board, just as you did for YAK ?

The only downside is that the Syndicate would not have a personnal interface / forum. Maybe we could have a basic html page with all the needed informations, and it would redirect to the forums ?

Well, you should do your best to convince them! That's basically what it would be, just a community of old SWBF players playing with the same tags on. Everyone would have their own rules, ranks, recruitment, etc. but we could all come together and form tournaments and game nights and other typical clan stuff only for the clans involved.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Syyy on April 21, 2015, 06:55:08 AM

I think the Syndicate should more less be an area to facilitate clan interaction. There should be an option to setup a clan's own section in the site, or have a redirect like you said. This way you get this central kind of hub, which really could be based out of anything. It would make sense to have it as it's own web domain just to keep it simpler and more direct. My reasons for not wanting it based directly out of our community is so that it represents the clans as a whole (not just us).
photobucket limit image removed