My Computer Setup

Started by Led, May 23, 2016, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I got an upgrade to my computer furniture.  I hope I don't throw a breaker  ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Must be nice.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Very nice LED... and clean!  Here's the setups here without kids (which are usually glued to the machines).  Much of this was home grown / found / used.

Hee, nice.  I like the owl    :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I like the old PCs under the desk the most.

May 23, 2016, 09:22:47 PM #5 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:55:51 AM by Gold Man
Wish I had that kind of setup. Though my current one is the most relaxed. :P

[spoiler="My Setup"]

I use a "Gamer Pal" chair on my bed, coupled with an ironing board that holds my Logitech mk320 wireless mouse/keyboard system. Usually have my Logitech h600 headset going as well (which is also wireless :P)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="My Setup's POV"]

The point of view. I have a Sylvania 32" LED TV wall-mounted with swivel and tilt options, as well as a digital TV antenna (for those times I want to watch TV). You'll notice on the bottom right of the photo I have a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel, and beside that is my killer 250-watt TC Electronic BG250 112 bass amp (which I do have an auxiliary cable for if I want to watch movies on my laptop in near surround sound :P). Bottom left shows my simple HP Pavilion laptop, always closed, and always on the charger. Above it is also my Logitech f310 gamepad I pull out for some games, and my cheap $20 spare headset when the wireless isn't working. Do note the nice clone trooper helmets, pile of books, and Nintendo GameCube as well (which I have hooked up, but don't use due to the component/composite AV issue).
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Racing Setup"]

My racing setup. I usually have the TV rotated out so I have room for my wheel to be in-line with the screen, as well as my computer chair for a seat. Keyboard/mouse are off to the side as depicted, and I usually have the bass amp (pictured bottom right) turned on for those nice engine revs. :)
[/spoiler]

May 23, 2016, 10:36:41 PM #6 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:39:22 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: Led on May 23, 2016, 07:01:06 PM
I got an upgrade to my computer furniture.  I hope I don't throw a breaker  ;)
Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on May 23, 2016, 08:16:23 PM
Very nice LED... and clean!  Here's the setups here without kids (which are usually glued to the machines).  Much of this was home grown / found / used.
I envy you two.

Quote from: Gold Man on May 23, 2016, 09:22:47 PM
Wish I had that kind of setup. Though my current one is the most relaxed. :P

[spoiler="My Setup"]

I use a "Gamer Pal" chair on my bed, coupled with an ironing board that holds my Logitech mk320 wireless mouse/keyboard system. Usually have my Logitech h600 headset going as well (which is also wireless :P)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="My Setup's POV"]

The point of view. I have a Sylvania 32" LED TV wall-mounted with swivel and tilt options, as well as a digital TV antenna (for those times I want to watch TV). You'll notice on the bottom right of the photo I have a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel, and beside that is my killer 250-watt TC Electronic BG250 112 bass amp (which I do have an auxiliary cable for if I want to watch movies on my laptop in near surround sound :P). Bottom left shows my simple HP Pavilion laptop, always closed, and always on the charger. Above it is also my Logitech f310 gamepad I pull out for some games, and my cheap $20 spare headset when the wireless isn't working. Do note the nice clone trooper helmets, pile of books, and Nintendo GameCube as well (which I have hooked up, but don't use due to the component/composite AV issue).
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Racing Setup"]

My racing setup. I usually have the TV rotated out so I have room for my wheel to be in-line with the screen, as well as my computer chair for a seat. Keyboard/mouse are off to the side as depicted, and I usually have the bass amp (pictured bottom right) turned on for those nice engine revs. :)
[/spoiler]
Images are broken.

Right now I have a 3GB RAM Dell tower with a low-mid-grade ATI graphics card and Intel CPU running Win XP 32-bit. Not very impressive on that end, but i'll be getting a much better PC in a couple of weeks, and I do have a nice gaming headset and a decent controller.

Specs on the new rig:
[spoiler]

• ZALMAN T2 Plus Black ATX Mini Tower Computer Case Standard ATX/ATX 12V Power Supply
  • ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti DirectX 11 ZT-70605-10M 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Plug-In Video Card
  • 16 GB RAM
  • GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV(R2.0) RGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Motherboard
  • Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1155 65W BX80623G620 Desktop Processor
  • 700W ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan PCI-E SATA 20 or 24 for AMD PC Blue LED
  • Deep Cool THETA 6 CPU Cooler 92mm Cooling Fan with Heatsink for Intel Socket LGA1156 / LGA1155
  • Refurbished Western Digital RE4-GP WD2003FYPS 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 3.0gb/s 3.0" Internal Hard Drive
  • Running Windows 7 64-bit
[/spoiler] 

Still not top-of-the-line per se, but still way better than what I had, and should be at least sufficient to play EA SWBF.

These are some very nice setups. Care to post specs? I would post mine but it's pretty much the classical "24/7 gamer who lives in his garage" setup, i.e. it's messy, paper and cables everywhere. Although I have quite a bit of desk space for my mouse so that's good for whenever I want to make sure I don't hit anything when playing games like CS:GO.

However here are my specs:

PSU - EVGA NEX 750W
CPU - AMD FX6300 5.0 Black Edition
GPU - Sapphire Dual - X R9 270x
HDD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda (x2), 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500 GB Hitachi Deckstar (Deckstar isn't in my rig right now)
RAM - 8GB Ballistic
MOBO - Gigabyte 970A - UD3P

I only have one monitor as of now and it's a nice widescreen BenQ monitor. As for my case, it's not much. It's a black tower case with a lot of storage spaces and Disc Drive slots.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I can't keep mine tidy like Leds but I wouldn't mind his pcs. I'm happy as long as I've got a good chair.

I've got a quad core i7 3.4 processor, 1tb SSD, 4GB 980 graphics card, 16GB of ram and a printer.  :)

The other thing in the picture is a scanner to record sheep ear tags but I doubt anyone cares about that.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

May 24, 2016, 10:04:30 AM #9 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:11:48 AM by {Alpha}Drunken_Master
Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 23, 2016, 10:36:41 PM

• ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti DirectX 11 ZT-70605-10M 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Plug-In Video Card
Still not top-of-the-line per se, but still way better than what I had, and should be at least sufficient to play EA SWBF.

Card should be good; I have an EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost, which doesn't even make EA's minimum hardware cut list but I was able to play the new battlefront on all three screens and it was fairly smooth.  Made me really dizzy though!

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 24, 2016, 09:45:00 AM
I can't keep mine tidy like Leds but I wouldn't mind his pcs. I'm happy as long as I've got a good chair.

I've got a quad core i7 3.4 processor, 1tb SSD, 4GB 980 graphics card, 16GB of ram and a printer.  :)

The other thing in the picture is a scanner to record sheep ear tags but I doubt anyone cares about that.

That's a sweet looking scanner!  I've been looking for a way to track rabbits, but not sure how hard it is gonna be to tattoo a bar code on an ear.   :shrug:   

Oh, your PC specs are ok too.  Might want to add a splash of color.   :dry:   :P

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 24, 2016, 09:45:00 AM

Lol my PC is quite similar to urs, GDH
This is how mine looks like
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That is the laptop I use for modding/get my store sales/whatever
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on May 24, 2016, 10:04:30 AM
Card should be good; I have an EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost, which doesn't even make EA's minimum hardware cut list but I was able to play the new battlefront on all three screens and it was fairly smooth.  Made me really dizzy though!

That's a sweet looking scanner!  I've been looking for a way to track rabbits, but not sure how hard it is gonna be to tattoo a bar code on an ear.   :shrug:   

Oh, your PC specs are ok too.  Might want to add a splash of color.   :dry:   :P

I'll start work on the neon lights.  :)
I am intrigued why you would want to track rabbits.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 23, 2016, 10:36:41 PM
Images are broken.

Ah, sorry, fixed them. :P

Forgot to mention my laptop's specs:

• AMD A10-5745M 2.1GHz APU with Radeon 8610G graphics
  • 8GB RAM
  • 750GB HDD
  • 17" screen with 1600x900 resolution

I also have a WD 2TB Passport hard drive that I occasionally use for backing up my PC (though I should probably use it more often, it rarely gets connected to the laptop now since I only have 1 port available on it (the other 2 are used for the wireless headphones/keyboard/mouse receivers), and it usually has my cooling pad connected to it. Really need to get a USB hub for this thing sometime so I can leave my hard drive and cooling pad hooked up alongside my wheel. :P

I have a workable setup that I really need a new desk for, but thankfully one will be included in my college dorm...

Laptop specs as follows:

HP Envy 15 Laptop
-Windows 10 Home 64
-6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Processor Quad-Core + Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Integrated Graphics)
-15.6-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
-8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM (RAM)
-1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
-3-cell 55.5WHr Lithium-ion Battery
-Backlit Keyboard
-HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader
-802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]
-Bang & Olufsen with 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer (Audio)

The Integrated Graphics card drags this laptop down when it comes to gaming, but it is still a great laptop for a college student. I purchased the laptop for a little over 500$ during Black Friday last year, and since then the full price has dropped to nearly the same level. :'(
I don't own a Desktop PC anymore. I used to, but this laptop really was a big step up in specs.

The Playstation 3 and the laptop are both connected to the portable speakers on top of the desk. The PS3 and Laptop also share an HDMI switcher with signal priority set to the PS3, simply because it is used less often.

Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

May 24, 2016, 02:09:36 PM #14 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:13:28 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: Ultimo on May 24, 2016, 01:47:38 PM
I have a workable setup that I really need a new desk for, but thankfully one will be included in my college dorm...

Laptop specs as follows:

HP Envy 15 Laptop
-Windows 10 Home 64
-6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Processor Quad-Core + Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Integrated Graphics)
-15.6-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
-8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM (RAM)
-1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
-3-cell 55.5WHr Lithium-ion Battery
-Backlit Keyboard
-HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader
-802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]
-Bang & Olufsen with 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer (Audio)

The Integrated Graphics card drags this laptop down when it comes to gaming, but it is still a great laptop for a college student. I purchased the laptop for a little over 500$ during Black Friday last year, and since then the full price has dropped to nearly the same level. :'(
I don't own a Desktop PC anymore. I used to, but this laptop really was a big step up in specs.

The Playstation 3 and the laptop are both connected to the portable speakers on top of the desk. The PS3 and Laptop also share an HDMI switcher with signal priority set to the PS3, simply because it is used less often.

Ah, seems I'm not the only one who's accessorized their laptop for gaming use. :P What's the specs for your monitor with the mount, or is it 1366x768 like you said? My current TV is 1360x768, though my previous model (which I really liked because it could convert composite connection from my GameCube using the component inputs) was also 1366x768. :P