My SWBF Career is officially over :(

Started by Gold Man, June 29, 2013, 08:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
As the topic states, I can no longer play SWBF. If you haven't read my post in "Laptop Issues" before this, then allow me to explain why:

Ok, I was going to go on the laptop today and browse the forums, until I realized the startup took a bit longer than usual. It was still stuck with the orange LEDs and black screen, when suddenly my caps lock and scroll lock lights flashed 3 times with a white, blank screen every 5 seconds. I first thought it was a glitch upon startup, then I tried it 2 more times, same incident occured. I went to the HP forums to see if anyone else had my issue. I found a thread with people experiencing the same issue, 2 people infact. I then found the worst part, nobody has solved the issue, and the last post was made in October 2012. With no solution to the issue, I can no longer play SWBF (disc is stuck in the laptop's hard drive), SWBFII, or other games I've played on there. My laptop is now a 5-year old HP deadweight piece of technology.

Plus, I can't put SWBF/SWBFII on my desktop (my parents forbid it, and it's my brothers), and I don't have the money for another laptop. So with much regret, I must say I can no longer play SWBF, and that my time with the game has come to an end.

However, I will still be active on the forums, just will no longer be on a laptop and will no longer be in-game. So to those who I have met in-game, I say farewell to you guys, it was nice killing you or being killed by you. To those on the forums, I'm not leaving, but will no longer be on SWBF.

Farewell SWBF, until I can get another computer and your disc out of my deadweight laptop.  :bye:

Well that sucks. If your computer is really no use just unscrew it and take out the disk and maybe even the HD. You might be able to connect it to another computer and take out the documents and mods you want. I was able to salvage my memory when I spilled water on my old laptop.

Sorry to hear it... though I'm not sure if I've ever played in a game with you :panic:

Will you still be contributing your art-work?

If it's just that the cd is stuck, I can link you to something.. on PM.

And there is usually an eject hole for stuck CDs.  Just straighten out a paper clip and push it in to release the CD tray.

If you entire laptop is dead, then sorry to hear that.  It might still be out of your price range, but you might be surprised what you can find refurbished ($400) or on ebay.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 29, 2013, 10:09:50 AM #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:14:38 AM by Josh
That officially sucks. I have some suggestions, but I doubt they will do any good.

Suggestion 1: Bring your laptop to a computer repair place and have them try to fix it.

Suggestion 2: Bring your laptop to a computer repair place and have them wipe out all the data and return it to how it was when you bought it.

Suggestion 3:

:P
I'm sorta joking sorta serious about number three, if your computer is toast, you mine as well try and give it some hard "taps" on the bottom.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Farewell, although I havent ever seen you in game. Are you on the forums?

:cheers: Heres to the few time I got to play with you.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

u most of the time beat me on SWBF1.  :'(
Derp.

June 29, 2013, 05:03:08 PM #10 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:08:04 PM by Shazam
Man, that sucks. Even though I haven't been able to play with you in a while, I sure have missed you out on the battlefield. I remember when we would play together for hours and hours on the AoT servers... I'm gonna miss that.

If you ever get your laptop fixed and/or if you get a new computer, even if it's in a couple of years, send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to dig out SWBF and play with ya! 

Best of luck!  :cheers:

-edit:  What games do you play on your iPad/iPod? We could play some games through there, if you want to.

Sorry to hear GM.  Bricking a computer sucks, especial one only 4 years old.

Had some good times on the battle field with you and hope you can figure something out soon. 

Perhaps you can format the hard drive in safe mode if you have an original windows CD.  I personal have not attempted this but did do a little www digging and found this
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080426174747AAvL8cA

[/size][size=78%]  [/size]

June 29, 2013, 07:27:05 PM #12 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:31:55 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Gentlemen, I take your comments with the most sincerity in my heart. Fortunately however, it appears to be some minor glitch in the system. I was out of town all day today after I sent that post, and just now booted up my laptop, with everything normal. Strange, but I'l take a laptop still working with my game as good news anyday! (As long as it doesn't happen until this thing seriously dies out...)

Now to make some replies back:

[spoiler]
Unit, I do intend to continue with my artwork. I have minimal stuff going at the moment, though I hope to get back into the swing of making imagery for the community and for others. :)

Ltin, yes I'm on the forums, I've been here since November 10th. :P

411Remnant, I'm unsure if I've ever played a game with you on either game, though if I have before, then I do look forward to coming back and playing with you even still. :D

Gamma, it is true, I have beaten you multiple times on SWBF, though I hope you can come back someday so I can kill you some more. ;) (And possibly give you a few pointers if need be.)

Shazam, I too miss those days where it was you, me, Dark, and Ross all on a server. Oh the fun we had on Abridon. :) Though hopefully we can sometime soon just chill out on SWBF and relive those glory days! :D

Dbiz, I too remember the fun times we had on the servers, though I think you've killed me more than I've killed you. :P Hopefully I can catch you on a server sometime and we can see if I still have the skill to kill you. :P
[/spoiler]

For everyone else, if you didn't read my above statement, it appears my laptop is not dead, merely it had a major whacko glitch. So, I hope to play this game until my disc dies, and even still, until there's nobody left of the community. (Which hopefully won't be for a long while still.)

Great news! Your computer can die after the Battle Royal Mod comes out.  ;)