SWBF 1v1 Leaderboards Tournament (with mods allowed)

Started by Phobos, August 15, 2012, 05:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Tournament discontinued. Draft archived in spoiler.
[spoiler]This thread is currently in draft mode, and will be for 1-2 weeks. Until that time arrives everyone is welcome to post suggestions for ideas or changes to the tournament structure.

If you want to take part in the SWBF 1v1 leaderboards (with mods allowed) tournament please sign up below. The tournament will start on September 14th.

Rules:
The swbf 1v1 leaderboards tournament with mods allowed will be a ladder structured 1v1 tournament in which battles take place on 3 maps: Cloud City, Mos Eisley, and Citadel. When the tournament starts, a current leaderboards picture will be visible in this post which will be updated (almost) daily.

Everyone who joins before the start date will be be assigned random numbers to order them in the player list. Once the tournament begins new players may still join but will start at the bottom. To move up in the rankings you need to challenge someone within 3 places of you. If you win you take their place and they move down one. The player list will be updated after battle results (screenshots) are posted on this thread.

Every player is expected to accept at least 2 challenges a week but there is no maximum. Admins will oversee any matches where a player requests it but both players can agree to no admins before matches. If you want screenshots from the other player you can also arrange this before the match.

All maps have no cp (except for citadel the center CP may be taken). There will be no time limit for matches. Reinforcement count for both teams must start at 20 per side. The first player to reach 0 reinforcements loses the battle. 

Challenge Conditions:
The attacking player gets to choose the map and the defender gets to choose sides. The rules for sides are as follows: Fair teams only. This means both players will be the same faction, so for example if the defender chooses rebels then both teams are rebels. If the defender chooses clones, both teams are clones. This will be done through modding the server mission.lvl and ensures more fairness in allowing both teams to select from all five units.

Host:
The server host for this tournament has not yet been decided.

Admins:
Up to 5 admins will be allowed for this tournament. If you are interested in applying for this position please post below or contact me through PM.

Rules:
1. Screenshots must be taken of end scores.
2. General mods such as map skin mods, player skin mods, and crosshairs are allowed. Radar mod is not allowed in any condition where one or both players do not want it to be used. Any concerns of this rule being violated will require both teams to take screenshots in game before the battle starts. If both players agree to allowing radar, they may use it for that particular match.
3. No swearing, glitching, or wallhacking.
4. No vehicles allowed (they will be modded out)
5. A match may be delayed up to 15 minutes past it's scheduled starting time. If one player is missing without having stated prior that they will be unable to attend, it is considered a forfeit. 
6. Matches are based on the position of the players before the match not the leaderboard. Example: If player 5 beats 4 he is then out of range of player 8 even if the leaderboard has not been updated yet.
7. Any disputes over matches must be posted on the thread within 12 hours of the battle and reported to the admins. 
8. Players who request an admin be present are allowed to have this request granted as long as the time is convenient for the said admin and players.

Penalties for breaking these rules will at first take the form of a place drop. Further offenses may result in disqualification from the tournament.[/spoiler]

August 15, 2012, 05:55:51 AM #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:37:28 AM by Phobos
Current Roster:

• Phobos
  • 212 Mart
  • FC Nino
  • FC Elite
  • 212 Nixo

I would like to join also if i am permitted, do i have to have the twilight skin or is it optional?

Quote from: {212}Mart on August 15, 2012, 06:45:44 AM
I would like to join also if i am permitted, do i have to have the twilight skin or is it optional?

All mods are optional nobody will be forced to use anything they don't want to. Except you will not be allowed to use radar for a specific match if your opponent does not want it allowed.

i'll join for sure. :nod:
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

Ill join also
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

is there any sign up deadline?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I have chosen to discontinue  this tournament  for now because I am developing a different style of tournament that will be much more simple.