New Tournament Ideas

Started by Led, April 04, 2011, 07:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Led , out of what we were talking about i dont get how you got a sniper tournament out of all that  :blink: ? and i like the idea of a GGW tournament. Which didnt get corrupt at the end with random teams like the old tournament did. But whatever  :dry:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

I like the idea of a bracket sniper tournament, but I think it will take awhile to assemble teams.  I can host using a mod similar to the 1.0 ESL mod on CC, so that would minimize a lot of issues. 

I would suggest that we start a new thread with teams, then we can do a random draw for bracket positions.

Also, that will give us time for getting in an individual player tournament :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm ok with a sniper tourney, after that we should do GGW tho, I think everyone misses it haha :D
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I heard some things about GGW,
Could you guys explain me what rules did you play in, 1.0, 1.2 ?

well i didnt mean sniper only but thats cool (im best with sniper) a 1.0 tournament 2 vs 2 but sniper is good. i can make a program that randomly picks peoples names (that will take a while to program though, im just learning java)

GGW is all units, cps and everything clans vs clans on several stock and mod maps. Theres a galaxy map so you can only attack maps near you and things like that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

um ok ..... Thanks for completely ignoring all of us and just going on with your own thing led.  :dry:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

so, how many WUSI's can be on a team?

OK, Fire and Snake can organize a GGW type tournament.

I can host by DC so PC and MACS can play.  If no mac group participates, then I can host on the PC server, or you can figure out who can host.  You can start the tournament 5/1.

---------------------

Saturday, 4/23 I will host an individual player tournament. Details to follow.

-------------------

Sniper Tournament with single elimination bracket.  Two player sniper only teams.  A player can participate on only one team.  Starts 4/24.  I can host, or as agreed to by the teams.  I will start a signup thread, more details soon.

Everyone happy?  :)   (I talking to you Fire :P   )

I will lock this topic, please respond in the individual topics.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet