Life-Sized Lego X-Wing

Started by tirpider, May 23, 2013, 04:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Source: http://gizmodo.com/this-incredible-full-scale-lego-x-wing-is-the-largest-m-509484787

I am not a fan of promotional endeavors, but......

Lego made an X-Wing.  A big, sit in it and everything X-Wing fighter, out of lego bricks... you have to see it...

After you see it, we need to buy it and put it in my garage.

:o That's amazing.. But also, who is paying these people to build giant lego things?  :blink:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I believe Lego themselves funded this one.

New animated TV series.. and it's Star Wars.  I'm certain dollar signs lit up in their eyes and it had to be made.

It was destiny....

Kit will be spamming this in 5...  4...   3...    2...    1...

with the price of legos nowadays, this must have cost a couple hundred thousand dollars, for the small one the man is holding, let alone the other one.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Hey, now I know if I want to waste a lot of time and money, just go ask Lego!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 23, 2013, 06:39:54 PM #6 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:05:11 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: Josh on May 23, 2013, 05:02:35 PM
Kit will be spamming this in 5...  4...   3...    2...    1...

with the price of legos nowadays, this must have cost a couple hundred thousand dollars, for the small one the man is holding, let alone the other one.

It was made by Lego, so they probably only faced costs incurred in manufacturing the blocks, (for a lack of a better word) construction costs including labor, and opportunity costs.

I don't suppose they plan to sell these by any chance? :P

Quote from: tirpider on May 23, 2013, 04:07:54 PM
Source: http://gizmodo.com/this-incredible-full-scale-lego-x-wing-is-the-largest-m-509484787

I am not a fan of promotional endeavors, but......

Lego made an X-Wing.  A big, sit in it and everything X-Wing fighter, out of lego bricks... you have to see it...

After you see it, we need to buy it and put it in my garage.

And when you see it, you will  :censored: bricks.

What? Someone had to say it! :P Anyways, that's really impressive for a Lego build, reminds me of the full-size Volvo wagon they made a few years back.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 23, 2013, 07:56:36 PM
And when you see it, you will  :censored: bricks.

What? Someone had to say it! :P Anyways, that's really impressive for a Lego build, reminds me of the full-size Volvo wagon they made a few years back.
its not as impressive as it would seem at first. It looks they they just used enlarged bricks

Quote from: Ltin on May 24, 2013, 04:32:12 AM
its not as impressive as it would seem at first. It looks they they just used enlarged bricks
Uh no... look closer.

Point taken. HOWEVER, i said it LOOKS like it was.

I want one but if this was an official LEGO product the box would be the size of a house. :)
I think it looks like big bricks because it's designed to be taken apart to move.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)