Xbox One Revealed

Started by BlackScorpion, May 21, 2013, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
We dont know what not signing in every day even does

Every day you don't sign in, a kitten dies.

NO!!!!!! Not the Kittens  :commander:
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: tirpider on May 22, 2013, 01:48:32 PM
Every day you don't sign in, a kitten dies.
The exact time I read this, my cat meowed outside.
Not even joking.

Quote from: Ltin on May 22, 2013, 07:47:15 PM
     *  :commander:
Cat^ me^
"Aint a hell hot enough..." -Spareme32

Found a highlights video of the reveal.. to put it in perspective :D

I saw that and since i didnt see the xbox reveal i was like.... whats this?

TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV
Sports Sports Sports Sports Sports Sports
HALO TV
COD COD COD COD dog COD
water cooler?
TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV

This is apparently what will make the new xbox special.

I am intrigued by the dog. The rest... meh.

They specifically state you will form an emotional attachment to the dog. We all know what that means... The dog will get shot to pieces either during.

A. A random mission.
B. A slow motion cut-scene.

This is also good. Be warned it has some obscene language.

hahahahahahaha
This thing is turning into an awfully expensive joke.
I wonder which of those suits will be looking for a new job this time next year.

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 23, 2013, 08:01:01 PM
They specifically state you will form an emotional attachment to the dog. We all know what that means... The dog will get shot to pieces either during.

A. A random mission.
B. A slow motion cut-scene.

This is also good. Be warned it has some obscene language.

A lot of the NPCs get killed in a lot of games.  Not sure what your point is here.  Is it that it's emotionally manipulative for IW to build a connection with a character only for that character to suffer a tragic and untimely fate?

I disagree with your analysis of two outcomes (though, my main reaction is chuckling at how you separated "A" from "B" rather than say something to the effect of "the game"), because I do not think it'd be more emotionally manipulative than if it were a human NPC.  I think you've ignored the context of the IW representative's words.

If I recall correctly, the emotional attachment was emphasized in a manner that meant that the storyline of CoD: Ghosts will be engaging.  As for the dog, I understood it as meaning that the dog will be flushed out to an extent similar to a human.  If they manage that, I would go so far as to call that a triumph in storytelling.

Infinity ward always killes peoeple at the end of the game. Delta force and yuri in mw3 and nearly everyone in cod 4.

I was going to write up a reply for you Scorp... But I forgot. Maybe tomorrow if I remember.

Anyway, I'm no console fan boy and most likely never will be. And I still won't be buying an xBox One, at least not till ninth generation comes round. (Consoles ain't free and the price to get one after a new generation comes out is a lot cheaper than buying one during it's generation.) But if you are one of those types that will be buying one, this article should prove an interesting read.