Xbox One Revealed

Started by BlackScorpion, May 21, 2013, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh look it's the PS4 with a different name. Wait, did they mention what kind of architecture they were using? Is it DDR3 or is it the GPU grade stuff the PS4 is using? Wait I just looked it up, it is the slower DDR3 according to the devkit specifications . Okay so everyone is getting really excited for a console that will be less capable than the PS4 graphics wise and performance wise?

I'll just go back to my laptop which according to the specifications of the xBox One is more powerful. (Okay so it is a high end laptop, but regardless. Didn't console makers use to develop their own architectures for their consoles? (PS2, 128-Bit CPU ringing any bells?) Now it seems they are just dropping computer components in and calling it a gaming console.

wow...so I need to log in once a day? And if I want to lend a game to a friend, he needs to cough up some bucks just to play it? hmm, yeah thanks microsoft. Thanks for making it easier for me to buy a ps4 :D, xbox one is more like a TV than a console, I alreayd own a tv box, dont need to spend 400-600 on another one.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

May 21, 2013, 06:09:52 PM #17 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:13:07 PM by Droideka
Quote from: 411Remnant on May 21, 2013, 05:53:30 PM
wow...so I need to log in once a day? And if I want to lend a game to a friend, he needs to cough up some bucks just to play it? hmm, yeah thanks microsoft. Thanks for making it easier for me to buy a ps4 :D, xbox one is more like a TV than a console, I alreayd own a tv box, dont need to spend 400-600 on another one.

That rumor about having to pay to play used games is false.

Source: http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Also, I'm sure Microsoft won't be forcing you to log in regularly. I do understand the TV argument, but cable is really damn expensive and using the Xbox to watch Netflix or whatever is a lot more convenient for some people.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on May 21, 2013, 06:09:52 PM
That rumor about having to pay to play used games is false.

Source: http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Also, I'm sure Microsoft won't be forcing you to log in regularly. I do understand the TV argument, but cable is really damn expensive and using the Xbox to watch Netflix or whatever is a lot more convenient for some people.

I needed a Netflix subscription before I could watch Netflix on my 360.  I imagine it will be similar on the Xbox One.

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 21, 2013, 05:25:14 PM
Now it seems they are just dropping computer components in and calling it a gaming console.

You "PC master race reporting in" people seem to like sitting on both sides of the fence.

Oh boy, lol. Well as much as I would like to voice more of my opinion, it seems it would start something of a flame war. So if you like the new xbox, awesome for you(I really hope you get a good product, however with the newer information recently, it really turns me away). If you dont, awesome for you to. :cheers:
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I like it. My only issue isthat a) game will likely become more expensive, and b) it isnt backwards compatible t all. Thats like microsoft giving me an F.U., go play halo on playstation. Ohh wait, you cant! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote from: Joseph on May 21, 2013, 01:13:26 PM
What tirpider said (except I don't even own an Xbox). This sounds basically like hell in a hand...box.
Halo 5 will most likely be a launch title.

I wouldn't buy it. 343 isn't dumb enough to shaft everybody by making Halo 5 an X1 exclusive. Heck, I got my 360 for free. I see no reason to purchase any next generation consoles. The only other consoles I may purchase would be a PSVITA and a 3DS.

:)

Got halo as a 2'nd thought at a used game store when I got a used xbox to play KOTOR.
I then gave it to my dad cause the used game store didn't want it back.  Is Halo really that fun? I didn't think it was.

Meanwhile.. PS2 has a lot of titles I still enjoy.  I also like cottage cheese and chips. But that's just what I think.

The article says you have to be online once every 24 hours to even play single player games.  Sorry, I will never buy that piece of junk.  I rather play Atari 2600.  I already got burned when I bought a Xbox360 years ago that never even booted up once (I returned it for refund).

Yeah but can it make me toast? I THINK NOT

I thought the system actually looked kind of cool, but seeing all of these pros and cons, once again I've decided against Xbox. Besides, I'm a Nintendo guy, my dad has the original NES, I have a GameCube, Wii, a GameBoy Advance SP, and 3 DS Lites. My next console I'd get (if I could), might be the Wii U though, as I've seen some of the more popular titles been ported onto that system (like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed).

But enough of my Nintendo rant, bottom line, looks cool, but a consistent log-in system is just Microsoft threatening it's gamers to play if you ask me. Besides, I thought video games were a liesure sport, not something that was a required at a daily basis?

weird its called x-box one even though there are 3 xbox's
Derp.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on May 21, 2013, 06:43:39 PM
You "PC master race reporting in" people seem to like sitting on both sides of the fence.
Time for serious a serious rant not a "PC gaming master race" rant then.

Okay so, the big feature TV stuff. Over here we don't have Netflix and whatever else you USA folk use. Heck we don't even have TV shows on iTunes. Er, so that supposedly big feature has no meaning for a lot of places outside the US. So why should I spend a wad of cash on a new xBox? So I can keep getting my yearly dose of COD? Oh wait... I don't play COD. Ah, I know the new Halo games! Wait, don't play those either.

But buying a seventh gen console would give me, access to a well established library of games, cheaper games/accessories and a PS3 would give me free TV services. I simply have no reason to buy an xBox One. (Am I the only one that thinks they have stuffed up with the name almost as bad as Nintendo did with the Wii U?)

If I am going to get a next generation console it will be a Wii U or PS4.

This sums it up pretty well. http://kotaku.com/that-xbox-one-reveal-sure-was-a-disaster-huh-509192266.

Yes, it is a terrible name. Also, you dont have to be online once per day. That was just a possible scenario.

My thoughts after reading more....
[spoiler]There were a few good features but the more I hear about it the worse it gets. The online registration of games and then not being able to play second hand ones so easily is terrible (I've heard about 3 different stories on this from Microsoft so far). Microsoft shouldn't be stopping people from playing because their internet isn't good enough, whole countries have slow internet not just some people.
I also don't see why they have to concentrate so much on Netflix, Sky etc, if I wanted to use those without extra boxes I would just get a Smart T.V. It's nice to have extra features but it should still be a games console.[/spoiler]

The worst thing that I can see about it is that when the X-Box 4 comes out and they stop supporting the X-box 'One' because you can't log in daily anymore most of the games you have played will be gone forever...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)