Xbox One Revealed

Started by BlackScorpion, May 21, 2013, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 21, 2013, 10:25:16 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:56:13 AM by BlackScorpion
http://gizmodo.com/the-new-xbox-everything-you-need-to-know-about-microso-509033619

It was revealed today.
Seems like it was designed by Google, not Microsoft. 

Talked about features:

Can apparently start it by saying "Xbox on."
Don't need to go through menus on your TV to go to TV mode.  Xbox One offers a more seamless transition.
Brings Skype to Xbox.
Can see fantasy teams while watching sports.

Talked about specs:

System:
8GB RAM (from 512MB)
8 core CPU
Blu-ray
500 GB HDD

Updated controller:
Something like key binding is one of the biggest announcements

SmartGlass now natively ingrained with Xbox One.

New Xbox LIVE to be powered by upwards of 300,000 servers (from 15,000 if I heard correctly) inviting speculation as to dedicated servers.

EA was there, too.  They mentioned something about daily add ons... more DLC?

Call of Duty: Ghost... addressing concerns that they're making Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.
All new game.  All new engine.

[spoiler]IT'S A BOX[/spoiler]

Oh yeah because all gamers truly value to ability to talk and wave their hands frantically at their console.

And now you can watch TV on your TV!

May 21, 2013, 10:42:22 AM #2 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:48:13 AM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 21, 2013, 10:35:44 AM

Oh yeah because all gamers truly value to ability to talk and wave their hands frantically at their console.

It's kind of difficult to be a multimedia device if it doesn't offer, you know, multimedia.

TV on the Xbox is designed to be personalized (something like Pandora for TV).  And that's just the beginning.

:o :o :o :o I can't wait. I hated all the call of duty games that have been released but Ghosts may be the first one I buy. I can't wait to see if EA makes Battlefront3 for it.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Never had Live for my x-box.
Never touched or seen a 360 in person.
Actively avoid skype and ALL other forms of voice and video communication online.
Kinect... :|  really?
And I'm simply tired of the theme of replicating real world soldiers in FPS.  They are all reruns to me.

So... not very excited about attaching some gadget-like combination of every mundane thing I avoid to my TV.

All I want is for It to have a halo game (VERY VERY LIKELY) and for me to be able to play swbfII on it.

What tirpider said (except I don't even own an Xbox). This sounds basically like hell in a hand...box.

Quote from: Ltin on May 21, 2013, 01:06:06 PM
All I want is for It to have a halo game (VERY VERY LIKELY) and for me to be able to play swbfII on it.

343 Industries announced that, with Steven Spielberg, they will be releasing a Halo live action series.
I'd put the odds of the next iteration of the Halo franchise being one of the fifteen seven six franchise games being announced at E3 are 100%.

The second thing you want is precisely at the other side of the spectrum.
The Xbox One won't be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games and SWBFII predates the Xbox 360.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-backwards-compatible/

It doesn't look to good to me, I like my gadgets but I just want to play games. The PS4 looks better. :)
Also if they really are going to charge to play used games that's a very bad thing...
Quote from: Ltin on May 21, 2013, 01:06:06 PM
They're making a Halo TV series it was just announced.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I know, but I wont be getting an xbox1 right away, meaning I cant watch it

I was watchig the announcement online even if i prefer PS3/4 all thw way,lost interess after seeing the first 30 min.I just think its fun how they glorify that the kinct can like 'swipe' to other screen,put 2 screen in one... while what they just did was put an windows 8 inside the xbox....

Haha ikr dis
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 21, 2013, 10:35:44 AM

LOL. Love the tude, dude.  8)

This conference kinda sucked, at least they actually revealed the console and controller. I don't, however, think we should've expected anything less than Microsoft showing off random features of the Xbox. I do think that the social stuff is pretty cool, I know a lot of people use the Xbox for watching movies/tv, so it does make sense to advertise it as an all-in-one device.

Microsoft can announce all of the hardcore games at E3, and it sounds like they'll have a lot of new franchises to premiere. Should be a pretty good convention this year.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Seconded, looking forward to this years E3! :D