6 (42.9%)
Naboo: Prototype
4 (28.6%)
Tatooine: Boonta Eve
9 (64.3%)
Froggy's Paintball Arena
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but here's how I can join the server:

1. Try to join atleast 4 times
2. Do ping trick (make a server, kill some ai, quit, then try to join)
2. if it doesnt by the time it counts to 6 work try again and then it should work.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Scratch out my previous post. I may not make it. There is a good chance of me joining in the latter game though.

May 18, 2013, 05:25:15 PM #32 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:26:58 PM by Shazam
Well, despite the server issues, the OpenSpy game was fairly fun.

I enjoyed crashing into things on Boonta Eve with Tirpider and Snake.  :P

I highly reccommend having the next mod map night on Tunngle. It took me about a dozen tries to make it on the server, and my game froze 3 times when it was trying to load the server.

-edit:  Oh, and all of our games crashed after Boonta Eve. :confused:

May 18, 2013, 05:27:06 PM #33 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:28:45 PM by tirpider
hehe

I love how  can try to get back in now while it's still showing my 30 kills and 31 deaths...

Lots of ways to die in that map.

Gonna try to get the server un-stuck? or are our games just hosed?

hmm, the server is up, its on edj2

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

May 18, 2013, 05:39:55 PM #35 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:43:45 PM by tirpider
Just took this after your post:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

After initially crashing to the desktop after the map change, I've restarted SWBF several times, even joined and left other servers.

-edit
You can see it was a high powered competition :P 
I enjoyed it.  Spent a lot of time flying into pits and walls of doom.

May 18, 2013, 05:43:35 PM #36 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:46:56 PM by Phobos
Tunngle has less 'bugs' than openspy, but I hate using tunngle. My router disconnects from tunngle server randomly midgame for no reason. Openspy freezes 75% or more of the time in server lobby. I think the community is divided between using these 2 options right now. gameranger is the worst of the 3, i can't evne use custom resolution launcher with it, theres no 'actual' server lobby that displays all servers (you have to join it thru the app), and it forces a horribel choppy framerate like someone else mentioned earlier.

I think FC is leaning more towards openspy and PLA towards tunngle right now, but hopefully another option is discovered which has less bugs and is more compatible for most players to use. We will keep looking for other options.

@tirpider
Could you still join the server once you were able to see the server and player stats? Thats cool u can see them, are you using the exe patch or just a hosts update?

Quote from: Phobos on May 18, 2013, 05:43:35 PM
Could you still join the server once you were able to see the server and player stats? Thats cool u can see them, are you using the exe patch or just a hosts update?

I could see it to at first, but every time I tried to join it would stay busy or freeze up my game.

Eventually, when it did let me join the server, the player stats weren't there. Maybe that has something to do with why it freezes or fails to load?

I had previously run SK's batch file and was able to join servers after that. I have taken no steps to un-do it's effects.

Today, I dl'ed the SWBF1 Online Patch Kit and used the patched client to(successfully) join the ModNight server.

Before that I had joined the one above it with my unpatched exe. (After, I can still join and leave that server at will, regardless of what exe I use.)

Currently, I cannot joint the ModNight server that says Snake, Shazam!, and myself are still on.

Refreshing does nothing, of course.

I restarted the server, dunno if it will help.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have found that server names mismatch sometimes once you rehost, once you change something in the batch or INI. Even somethign small like a password can get the names "mixed up". So for example, the server might say FC Airshots, but when you join its set up using FC 1v1 files. the player will see FC airshots in the game lobby too, but in the NFO server manager it shows FC 1v1 (the right name for server).

even after you close a server, you have to wait about 15-30 minutes before rehosting, or it will stay like that. The server stays up in the lobby even after it is taken down for a while. Best solution if you want to update a server (thru openspy) but are hosting more than 1, is to close all sessions ur hosting through one machine / IP, and wait about half an hour before rehosting them. Once you can see your servers are no longer listed in openspy server lobby then its safe to rehost. Just restarting the session instantly doesn't seem to work.

Oh well, it was really fun while it lasted. For those of you that couldnt make it, you missed out on some fun! Apparently there were some super AI that were not ready for us to change the map by capturing all the Boonta Eve CP's. We went in there with our paintball guns expecting to kill them easily, turns out we all got killed. Repeatedly. So then we tried bringing in the light artillary (speeders and skiffs) which actually did worse than the frontal assault on foot. So then we had to get big. The bombing campaign had begun. I continuously bombed their only CP while tirp and Shazam continued the assault on foot. They actually managed to capture another cp twice.. I ended up with 111 kills through the bombing raids, and we killed them until they ran out of reinforcements. We never captured that CP... Kudos to you, super soldier AI...
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on May 18, 2013, 06:01:41 PM
Oh well, it was really fun while it lasted. For those of you that couldnt make it, you missed out on some fun! Apparently there were some super AI that were not ready for us to change the map by capturing all the Boonta Eve CP's. We went in there with our paintball guns expecting to kill them easily, turns out we all got killed. Repeatedly. So then we tried bringing in the light artillary (speeders and skiffs) which actually did worse than the frontal assault on foot. So then we had to get big. The bombing campaign had begun. I continuously bombed their only CP while tirp and Shazam continued the assault on foot. They actually managed to capture another cp twice.. I ended up with 111 kills through the bombing raids, and we killed them until they ran out of reinforcements. We never captured that CP... Kudos to you, super soldier AI...
You forgot our failed attempts at raiding the Tusken Camp and our lovely time at the local cantina. :P

Quote from: Shazam on May 18, 2013, 06:04:52 PM
and our lovely time at the local cantina. :P

The table shot first.. I swear!

Quote from: Shazam on May 18, 2013, 06:04:52 PM
You forgot our failed attempts at raiding the Tusken Camp and our lovely time at the local cantina. :P
Sounds fun. We should set up weekly tunngle and openspy events like we did GR/tunngle.