SWBFSpy: All You Need To know (Download patches here)

Started by Anyder, May 27, 2016, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Davenport on October 14, 2016, 12:14:14 PM
Hey all, I have a friend having trouble getting Steam to connect to the game after they replaced the executable. They bought the game through steam and would like to see the overlay and record hours, but it appears Steam can't find the game now. Any idea how to fix?

EDIT: This is Battlefront 2 that we're talking about.

Open Steam browser and click add a game at the bottom left corner then click add a non Steam game. From there it will open a bunch of different games which you can add as non steam games. You will want to find the replaced executable and add that as a non Steam game. After that it will appear in your library and you can run that for overlay but hours is sadly disabled.

Yeah, I was afraid to have to tell them to do it that way. I was wondering if maybe somebody on this planet knew how to get steam to recognize the new executable like it was the old one..
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Davenport on October 14, 2016, 12:30:54 PM
Yeah, I was afraid to have to tell them to do it that way. I was wondering if maybe somebody on this planet knew how to get steam to recognize the new executable like it was the old one..

You could rename your old executable to something other than BattlefrontII and then make SWBFSpy executable named that and it should recognize it then

They did not do that. I'm trying to help them over steam chat so its difficult. lol

Thank you very much
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Fortunately, the changing the name of the executable to match the original did work. Thanks again.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Davenport on October 16, 2016, 02:29:50 PM
Fortunately, the changing the name of the executable to match the original did work. Thanks again.

Steam looks for the original name your executable when looking for what to run. Glad I could help

Quote from: Anyder on June 01, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
Yeah, ur game is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\

Go to the GameData folder and replace the old exe for the one u just downloaded

i did that and i still have the error. The "old" exe dosent seem to be in the folder

turn on the ability to view file extensions and look for the exe file in that folder.  Tell us what you see, or better yet, post a screen shot of that folder for us and we can see what happened.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

works for me, thx. Is it running on both versions, 1.0 and 1.1 or is there only 1 remainin version?

Quote from: LQZ on October 18, 2016, 10:59:00 AM
works for me, thx. Is it running on both versions, 1.0 and 1.1 or is there only 1 remainin version?
Yes, 1.1
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hey,

First off, this is great stuff! I hope to be able to play swbf2 online with minimal lag, like in the good old days (minus the minimal lag, perhaps)

I'm not sure whether I have the patch working correctly. When I click on multiplayer and then "Join", the game freezes for about 20 seconds, then goes to the "Busy" screen where it is presumably loading servers, but it remains on 0% until it stops searching and shows the server browser with no servers in it. I was wondering whether it's functioning as intended and there are simply no servers available, or am I messing something up? This is SWBF2 1.1

Cheers

Hi Caedus,

First, are you using the steam version of SWBF2 or the DVD installed version?

Have you installed the patch?

If so, which one--please link us to the exact one you applied (we support SWBF1/2/PC/PS2 to it is easy to get the patches mixed up).

Also, please let us know if you are using windows 10 or another version  :cheers:

Hey there,

Yep, sorry, using Steam with this Patch: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=1384

Windows 10 also. I'm pretty sure i've installed the patch: http://i.imgur.com/OcJ3KVL.png

Cheers for the help

Gamedata folder looks so strange without the addon folder there

OK, there are two things to try.  First, just double click on the new exe named
BattlefrontII - SWBFSpy.exe

note:  you may need to alt-tab out of the game and allow it through the windows firewall

Second  option:

If you launch through steam, be sure to copy your original BattlefrontII.exe file to battlefrontii-orig.exe and then rename the new exe to BattlefrontII.exe.

In both cases, be sure to "search all regions".

Let us know if that works  :cheers: