Author Topic: SWBFSpy: All You Need To know (Download patches here)  (Read 40267 times)

Jean

• {YAK}
  • Frequent Poster
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • ^Hidden Arrows^
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 6380224
  • Steam ID:
Re: SWBFSpy: All You Need To know
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 01:51:39 AM »
Thank you, will try will a friend.
If it works. I'll push it out to my subs.

Link to your channel?

Drunken_Master

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
SUSPICIONS ABOUT THE PATCH:

• It works to fix your windows registry if for some reason it is missing and you get the CDKey error
  • It does not always work if others have used the patch too and are already on the same server, then you need to run the CDKey.exe file OR manually change the key in the registry by at least 1 digit

Unfortunately results have not been consistent but I do have some more evidence I can pour over to see if there is a clue about what exactly is happening between client and server.  I will try to run some tests tonight.

Jean

• {YAK}
  • Frequent Poster
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • ^Hidden Arrows^
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 6380224
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 02:04:08 PM »
SUSPICIONS ABOUT THE PATCH:

• It works to fix your windows registry if for some reason it is missing and you get the CDKey error
  • It does not always work if others have used the patch too and are already on the same server, then you need to run the CDKey.exe file OR manually change the key in the registry by at least 1 digit

Unfortunately results have not been consistent but I do have some more evidence I can pour over to see if there is a clue about what exactly is happening between client and server.  I will try to run some tests tonight.

Changing the registry only works for disk versions by the way. I own both and found the Steam app ID for BF2 (6060) and it showed nothing of use... I believe editing the registry only even works because GameSpy shutdown, so there's nothing to verify the key is valid.

NatoBreak

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SWBFSpy: All You Need To know (Download patches here)
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 02:49:25 AM »
Hey guys, so just found this, some friends and I are having a problem. Can we play on the server we're hosting? Because we can't seem to play in game if we're hosting.

Thanks!

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 05:12:55 AM »
Yes.   Please tell us how you are hosting--with the dedicated server software, or through the game (like the steam version of the game or game CD).

Also, tell us what patch you are using for SWBFspy--

:cheers:
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wheatbro

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »
How would I know if it installed properly is there some way to confirm it?

TheGangstarTY

• Pleased to be a Rebel Scum!
  • {Alpha}
  • Advanced Member
  • On the Battlefront since 2005
  • Awards DET1-participant Participated in the ICW6 Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Participated in the ICW5
    • View Profile
    • TheGangstarTY's Personal Website
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 6601866
  • Steam ID:
  • Xbox: TheGangstarTY
  • Origin ID: TheGangstarTY
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »
How would I know if it installed properly is there some way to confirm it?

Well as long as you load your game up with "Battlefront SWBFSpy.exe" for now on (or whatever you may have renamed it to) then if you select multiplayer it should pop up with a bunch of servers.
Link to SWBFGamers Unofficial Discord Server
https://discord.gg/p3xHFc8
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Wheatbro

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 05:17:29 PM »
it asked me for gamespy when i did it

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 05:26:04 PM »
it asked me for gamespy when i did it

you can make a password if you want, or else just hit "join" to see the server list
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Blur

• Unable to stop playing SWBF2 for over 18 hours.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 08:50:49 AM »
For some reason when I replaced my executable with the patched SWBFspy version, it wouldn't launch the game, saying its "missing the executable" So I renamed the patched exe to "battlefrontII.exe", game now launches and runs reliably, I can connect to the SWBFspy servers and play. That said, for whatever reason, I can no longer connect to servers through gameranger. :confused: I can log in to GR and join lobbies, but when I launch Battlefront 2 via 'join' button it just says "connecting" for 15 seconds, then says "connection to host could not be established". To make matters worse, I switched back to the vanilla version of the executable and the problem persists, not sure why. I was under the impression that it was possible to use both SWNFspy and GR simultaneously. Either I'm missing something or I made a mistake of some sort.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

Ltin

• Greyscale Trout
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Wololo
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
[edited]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:40:53 PM by Ltin »

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
For some reason when I replaced my executable with the patched SWBFspy version, it wouldn't launch the game, saying its "missing the executable" So I renamed the patched exe to "battlefrontII.exe", game now launches and runs reliably, I can connect to the SWBFspy servers and play. That said, for whatever reason, I can no longer connect to servers through gameranger. :confused: I can log in to GR and join lobbies, but when I launch Battlefront 2 via 'join' button it just says "connecting" for 15 seconds, then says "connection to host could not be established". To make matters worse, I switched back to the vanilla version of the executable and the problem persists, not sure why. I was under the impression that it was possible to use both SWNFspy and GR simultaneously. Either I'm missing something or I made a mistake of some sort.
You cant use the patched version for both.
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

cjlaw

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this site and really just created an account to play online so sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead post but every time I try and load up the game with the new exe it opens like it wants to start the game but then doesn't go any further and freezes. I'm on win 7 if it makes any difference.

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this site and really just created an account to play online so sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead post but every time I try and load up the game with the new exe it opens like it wants to start the game but then doesn't go any further and freezes. I'm on win 7 if it makes any difference.
Dont worry, people can post in this thread anytime.
Make sure u are running the new exe, and not the old one. If u freeze it means u are not using the patch.
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • {Alpha}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Captain of The Alpha Clan [TAC]
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • The Alpha Clan
    • Awards
  • PSN: Only_Whisper
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »
Hey all, I have a friend having trouble getting Steam to connect to the game after they replaced the executable. They bought the game through steam and would like to see the overlay and record hours, but it appears Steam can't find the game now. Any idea how to fix?

EDIT: This is Battlefront 2 that we're talking about.