Credits for GameMaster (Gameshare.co) Kalle and Team's Gamespy replacement

Started by Led, May 22, 2016, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Credits for the internet master server (GameMaster) go to Kalle and his team.

Kalle's GameShare landing page is:  https://gameshare.co/index.html
The github link is here:  https://github.com/derkalle4

Kalle and JediKiller set up our new Master Server on 22 May 2016. 

Questions or comments about the server can be posted to this forum.  Support, if there is any, will be from the SWBFgamers.com community.

:cheers:
Quote from: kalle on May 22, 2016, 10:13:34 AM
Okay, Jedikiller just spinned up a new virtual machine with Ubuntu 16.04 and I managed to get all the stuff working (after 3 hours)! So he no knows all the neccessary things to run gamemaster for gamespy games at all.

At least we had the following agreements:
- they'll add credits to gameshare.co
- new user database (every user needs to register a new account, for security I won't give them all the current users)
- i will redirect all the hostnames (d.gameshare.me, u.gameshare.me, gamespy.onl) for at least one month to the new IP address so that the games will still work. Only PS2 / hosts file will get a change at all.
- they won't disturb me with requests regarding any kind of problems / bugs / whatever with gamemaster and these tools. They can create a github issue (https://github.com/derkalle4) because gamemaster is open source but I don't know if I will ever have the time to change things.

Thank you for keeping the services online - and good luck in future!

Best regards,
Kalle

SWBFspy transition team credits

-Master Server setup:  Kalle, Jedikiller
-SWBFspy name:  Sleepkiller (Phobos alleges to have also thought up the name)
-domain name purchase and setup:  Led
-client and server hex edits:  Anyder
-DNS server setup for PS2 players:  Led using DNS query tool on Christians DNS, Christian from PS2gamingonline for post setup discussions, oldsnake, Mike, Phobos for DNS testing in game, discussions with DrunkenMaster and Jedikiller

-SWBF2 community outreach:  Anyder, {IGF}SueKreuger, Jean
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Is the PS2 versions of SWBF1 and 2 going to be supported, and what about the PSP specific games? Elite and Renegade Squadron. GameShare had just got them working a few weeks ago.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on May 22, 2016, 08:37:24 PM
Is the PS2 versions of SWBF1 and 2 going to be supported, and what about the PSP specific games? Elite and Renegade Squadron. GameShare had just got them working a few weeks ago.

My understanding of the process was that Kalle transferred to us the working binaries and set up the necessary mySQL tables.  (It was really a long process, and I don't think that the github files were the last development branch.)  I can't say for certain, but if they were working recently, then I hope they will work now. 

I am unable to test those options, but if someone can try them with the new master server IP and report the results, I can ask Jedikiller if he can look into it if something does not work.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet