The real truth why SWBF died

Started by WusiBabyEater, July 26, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 26, 2013, 04:16:22 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:51:00 PM by Buckler

I'm about to tell you guys the real truth why swbf is dead and the real reasons why people stopped playing this game. This thread is probably going to be locked or maybe even deleted because apparently the admins on this site don't want to hear other peoples real opinions and never heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH....what a great forum.

edit by buckler:   we have a new policy on whining about specific players so I have deleted this section.  If you want to whine about me, that's fine, so I have left the rest.

The other reason is Led and his whole posse. He thinks he is so dominate because he makes all the rules and servers for these little kids. Led was a great admin but these past couple years he just got to cocky. Ya I know you are reading this and you are probably mad but guess what....many other people say the same thing about you, deal with it life is hard. But seriously why in the world is there a video game run by one guy basically who makes all the rules up?? what??whaaatt??? After a long day of pimping women and making money, I come home to relax and play some swbf but I start playing and I'm like what the **** is this?? there's rules I have to follow?? no cussing allowed??? Does cussing kill people??? I thought video games was supposed to have freedom instead I see a guy banning people because they pushed him into the carbon freezing chamber to ruin his KD ratio because this game is soooo competitive.

Anyways to sum things up this game basically sucks now, thanks to the people who ruined a great game and there is many more people out there who ruined it. But I did meet some cool people on here and you know who you are.

See you guys in Star Wars battlefront 3!

Let me first say that I'm going to type this with an open mind.

Hmm...    I don't get where you are getting Led being cocky, so give me some examples. I believe the admins do delete more then they should, but I think why they delete some topics because they don't want arguments. I think led is a pretty powerful person, but I'm glad he is. And the fact that there is no cussing, that because It's wrong, and led wants everyone to join, not just older people. I see where you are coming from on some parts of the issue, but please, calm down about it.  :)

If you don't like the site, make your own site and make your own servers with your own rules.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on July 26, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Let me first say that I'm going to type this with an open mind.

Hmm...    I don't get where you are getting Led being cocky, so give me some examples. I believe the admins do delete more then they should, but I think why they delete some topics because they don't want arguments. I think led is a pretty powerful person, but I'm glad he is. And the fact that there is no cussing, that because It's wrong, and led wants everyone to join, not just older people. I see where you are coming from on some parts of the issue, but please, calm down about it.  :)

If you don't like the site, make your own site and make your own servers with your own rules.

lol I'm not trying to start drama its just my opinion nothing wrong with that but led is a good admin but he does ban people for stupid things

Well you don't see this everyday. If you're going to have a go at someone, it is usually a good idea not to do it on their website.

Locked until Led decides if he wants to take any further action.

July 26, 2013, 06:46:59 PM #4 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:56:09 PM by Buckler
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

I'm about to tell you guys the real truth why swbf is dead and the real reasons why people stopped playing this game. This thread is probably going to be locked or maybe even deleted because apparently the admins on this site don't want to hear other peoples real opinions and never heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH....what a great forum.

1) Freedom of speech exists.  You are free to make your own website and spout all that you want.  I paid for this forum, however, and own this piece of virtual real estate, and so I make the rules here.  Those that think my rules are too restrictive don't have to be here.  It is really very simple.

SWBF was the greatest games I played in my life. It was fun owning 10 year olds hour after hour who were on testosterone booster who scared girls out of of the servers, like it was the first time talking to a female specimen in their life. Whatever it was entertaining. It was also fun to see people get mad because they thought I was using aimbot. Anyways getting to my point....this game was basically ruined by a lot of pathetic people.

The other reason is Led and his whole posse. He thinks he is so dominate because he makes all the rules and servers for these little kids. Led was a great admin but these past couple years he just got to cocky. Ya I know you are reading this and you are probably mad but guess what....many other people say the same thing about you, deal with it life is hard. But seriously why in the world is there a video game run by one guy basically who makes all the rules up?? what??whaaatt??? After a long day of pimping women and making money, I come home to relax and play some swbf but I start playing and I'm like what the **** is this?? there's rules I have to follow?? no cussing allowed??? Does cussing kill people??? I thought video games was supposed to have freedom instead I see a guy banning people because they pushed him into the carbon freezing chamber to ruin his KD ratio because this game is soooo competitive.

2) You are free to pay for your own server and make your own rules.  The PLA rules have been enforced since we opened our own servers in 2009.  If you don't like them, play on a different server.  I don't get the reference about the CFC.  If you are talking about me, this could not have happened any time recently.  I simply don't play SWBF as much any more.

Anyways to sum things up this game basically sucks now, thanks to the people who ruined a great game and there is many more people out there who ruined it. But I did meet some cool people on here and you know who you are.
See you guys in Star Wars battlefront 3!   

Yes, I am also looking forward to the new SWBF.  PLA will have a server.  Want to guess what the rules will be?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Just a guess No Cussing. Which i think is a good rule its just a game so there is no reason to get mad if you get killed alot just practice more. I think LED does a Great Job  :tu:
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

what i do not get is why players go to another servers, and bcuz they want, implant the rules from another clan servers.
It wouldn't be the first time i see a ''noob'' coming to TWA/UEF Server and saying, no cussing, cping is always allowed, etc., when these aint clan server rules, but they end by being banned bcuz of spamming their/other clan rules.
This is, at least for me, so annoying.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 26, 2013, 04:34:51 PM
lol I'm not trying to start drama its just my opinion nothing wrong with that but led is a good admin but he does ban people for stupid things

There is a context to the rules that you are not understanding. 

I think you know that most PLA members have historically been older.  We also have had many PLA members that were very young.  Most kids of PLA members have also played SWBF, and the parents want a place that their kids can play in that doesn't subject their young kids to so much cursing and other things like that.

Unfortunately, the SWBF server software does not allow any filtering capability.  I suspect things will be different in this regard in the new SWBF.

In the section of your post that I was not able to keep in your public post (it is preserved, but just not in public), you talk about radar usage.  There are servers where this is encouraged, and there are servers where this is discouraged.  Just like cursing, I can not set up the server to automatically keep people from using radar.

Your argument then is really the same as the people that want to use radar in radar discouraging servers.  You want to do what you want, when you want.  But this infringes upon my right to run my server the way that I want, play SWBF the way that I want (on my own server).

The solution that the pro-radar group has come up with is to make their own server.  This would also work for you.  If I am alone in my server, then the remaining players of SWBF will have decided that they want to curse with you in your server, and there will be no one for me to apply any rules to.  And, I am OK with that.  :cheers:

July 26, 2013, 07:24:42 PM #8 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:28:45 PM by Buckler
Quote from: Banman on July 26, 2013, 07:09:14 PM
what i do not get is why players go to another servers, and bcuz they want, implant the rules from another clan servers.
It wouldn't be the first time i see a ''noob'' coming to TWA/UEF Server and saying, no cussing, cping is always allowed, etc., when these aint clan server rules, but they end by being banned bcuz of spamming their/other clan rules.
This is, at least for me, so annoying.

If you see any PLA doing that, let me know and I will talk to them.

I can assure you, there is also plenty of that in PLA servers too--no cps, no this, no that, etc--by people not in PLA that are just making things up.

Hmm No one get mad at me for my ungreatfull opinion is what i am calling it .. I agree with Babyeater . Do Not get mad at me Led ):

Im with baby eater every time i tried to get on pla server she would boot me because i wasnt pla and every other pla said i can get on the server but no led allways booted me or banned me so pla led is a mean person like baby eater was talking about pla led = :rant:

July 26, 2013, 07:30:35 PM #11 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:32:13 PM by Buckler
Quote from: Noob on July 26, 2013, 07:28:15 PM
Im with baby eater every time i tried to get on pla server she would boot me because i wasnt pla and every other pla said i can get on the server but no led allways booted me or banned me so pla led is a mean person like baby eater was talking about pla led = :rant:

If you got booted as soon as you entered the server, you have encountered a "boot bug".  The server has to be restarted for it to get fixed.  No one was booting you, it was an error in the server software.

And, if you were banned from a PLA server, I can assure you there was a reason.

I don't see this game as dead. September will be the 10th year anniversary of this game and the fact that there are still servers up, people playing, and websites frequently used is pretty cool to me. I'll keep play SWBF as long as that's the case. Even after that's all gone I might even play single player from time to time. But I probably won't bother with SWBF3.

Quote from: ϟƘƦƖןןΣx on July 26, 2013, 07:26:56 PM
Hmm No one get mad at me for my ungreatfull opinion is what i am calling it .. I agree with Babyeater . Do Not get mad at me Led ):

And what part of his post exactly are you agreeing with?

Actually there were some PLAs that brough to Ententeich the PLA Server rules.
Do not ask  me who. I didnt take a pic or wrote it somewhere, but i know some PLAs did, and i wont lie, i insulted them bcuz it pissed me off.
Also ive tried to post this 3 times, but i got this message the whole time, lol:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com