swbf2

Started by FireFox, February 02, 2009, 10:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
who has it?
what do u think about it?

I have it on my Mac. I like the new units and campaign, but for some reason I just don't like the crosshairs. Is there a SWBF 1 crosshairs for SWBF 2?

I'm sure there is with a mod. I just hate how there is no HUD for the sniper and you have to zoom in to use it

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I agree with Pi.

#TYBG

thats more true to what every game should have- snipers more so because your a range unit you shouldn't be close enough to see a unit so close that you need a crosshair- plus if you really care the sniper will always shoot in the same place- so just find the spot on the screen and pretend there is a crosshair.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: "Hardcore"thats more true to what every game should have- snipers more so because your a range unit you shouldn't be close enough to see a unit so close that you need a crosshair- plus if you really care the sniper will always shoot in the same place- so just find the spot on the screen and pretend there is a crosshair.

Just get the guy's head in the middle of the screen where the diagonals intersect. ;-)

thats what i ment ;) just its different for some games/units  being the reason i didn't say it like that.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

just get a permanent marker and stick a little + sign right there on the monitor and you're good to go!

Quote from: "Dresh"just get a permanent marker and stick a little + sign right there on the monitor and you're good to go!
Nice solution.

I prefer SWBF 1, just because I think it's better all around. The playable heroes are cool, but some of them are sorta akward (like Yoda) and they get alot of fire. Also I don't like the different classes of soldiers. And the exclusion of orbital strikes. Orbital strikes kick (expletive deleted).

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

You could just mod it so snipers have a scope.. people cheat with that all the time.

I've actually got the swbf2 unofficial 1.2 patch, which gives me a little dot for the sniper among other things

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I've seriously been thinking of buying it.  I figure I should own both of them before the 3rd comes out....assuming it ever will!

SWBF2 lasted me maybe 2 weeks and then I never played it again.

#TYBG

Quote from: "Thomas"SWBF2 lasted me maybe 2 weeks and then I never played it again.

Right on. I haven't played it in a long time.

Can't beat the original. Just can't, so don't even try it homes.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).