Main Play Mod 2 version 1

Started by ggctuk, October 15, 2009, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 15, 2009, 02:24:29 PM Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:22:11 PM by ggctuk
Okay, so with my purchase of SWBF2 over Steam, I decided to abandon the Main Play Mod 7 ideas I had for BF1, and instead incorporate them, and other ideas that I knew would NOT work in BF1, into BF2.

So here's some of the NEW things I came up with:

- Unlike MPM 1, which overrode the game's original sides, this MPM 2 will not be doing that. Instead it can be run alongside some other mods like BFX, or even the Conversion Pack.
- Taking advantage of the Unit System in BF2 allows me to have 8 unit types per side. I've come up with a new "Special", and a "Commander" unit for each side. So now this means I can redo the units I had to combine in BF1 to fit the five-class system. So here's what I have:

Republic: Clone Assasin, Clone Commander
CIS: MagnaGuard, Droid Commander
Rebels: Rebel Elite (Katarn-Armoured), Rebel Commander
Empire: Incinerator Trooper, Stormtrooper Commander

New Heroes:
-All heroes will have expanded Force Powers, much like The Dark Times and BFX.

So here's a list of new heroes. Some are inherited from the BF1 Main Play Mod:

-Galen Marek (aka Starkiller)
-Shadow Guard
-Darth Sidious (Younger)
-Other-Episode versions of Obi-Wan and Anakin
-Asajj Ventress
-Kit Fisto (not the same as the DLC)
-Darth Maul (Tatooine)

If you're wondering, the Katarn-Armoured Troop will be appearing as the prototype Incinerator Trooper on some maps.

The Empire, dependant on the mission, also switches between the Dark Trooper and Sky Trooper classes, although I was thinking of changing the Sky Trooper to be a Jump Trooper instead and having the Sky Trooper from the Imperial Side as a Jet Trooper for the Republic.

In the future, I hope to implement the following things:

- Reconversion of all BF1 Maps to allow a BF1-Campaign mode
- MPM Classic Mode which allows you to play with the classic MPM units.
- A possible Objective-based mode which would allow gameplay based off either Jedi Power Battles or The Force Unleashed.

No screens yet as I'm still tweaking things about with the sides. But I thought I'd announce it anyways.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

i will be here for this. i have installed swbf2 in this little pc, i hope it works fine. i need some one to take me thru steps. i will leave the swbf2 on my pc untouched untill i get feed back on what to update or install.

Don't worry about rar files this time, I plan on packaging it with an installer.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

could i have a rar file? i would like to understand how and where every thing goes.

I'll be sad to see you leave SWBF1 behind, nevertheless
I'm sure with your skills you will conjure some amazing stuff with SWBF2.
Good luck.

i dont want to go off topic. in swbf2 there is so much to learn and i thought i would start here.

Quote from: UNIT33 on October 29, 2009, 08:16:37 AM
I'll be sad to see you leave SWBF1 behind, nevertheless
I'm sure with your skills you will conjure some amazing stuff with SWBF2.
Good luck.

I won't be leaving SWBF for good, mind, I'll still be modding it, but there was a point where the Main Play Mod's ideas just grew too big for BF1. Some ideas will be put into a 6.5 version of the MPM for BF1.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 29, 2009, 03:10:15 PM #7 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:45:21 PM by keenmike
could i ask what your defeniton of Main Play Mod's for BF1 are?

What do you mean by that? The Main Play Mod is the name of both my mods for BF1 and BF2.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 29, 2009, 07:38:49 PM #9 Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:18:50 AM by keenmike
i thought you came up with a term for the mod i am thinking of defining.
i just added a version picker for my swbf2. i can pick which ever one i want to playin, 1.0 or 1.1
it will be fun to see me, so new i get a kick out of kicking.

I have no idea what that has to do with the Main Play Mod.

Right, I've begun converting a few of BF1's maps to go into the Main Play Mod. So far, I'm only going to do the ones which were included in the XBox DLC (Bespin: Cloud City, Rhen Var: Harbour, Rhen Var: Citadel and Yavin 4: Arena). I would have also liked to have Kit Fisto as well, but there's never been a BF2 release for Kit as far as I can tell. It will also have all modes from the XBox DLC too.

I'm hoping somebody could model the Shadow Guard's Lightsaber Pike for use in BF2, this way I don't have to have the Force Pike for the Shadow Guard (which, incidentally, keeps crashing the game).
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm making a new mode for this mod: Elite Squadron Mode, which is essentially based off the DS version of Elite Squadron's Instant Action.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Well, Elite Squadron Mode isn't up and running just yet. But I've nearly finished compiling the first version of the mod. It's all set out, so I'll have screens of heroes and the like hopefully before tomorrow night.
In Progress:

On Hold:

ggctuk, i am new to bf2. i will be on nightly at work with my little pc ready to experience this mod with you if and when ever you want.