It's Official, I'm Retiring

Started by Gold Man, September 02, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 02, 2013, 12:13:46 PM Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:32:22 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Hi guys, I know it's a bit late, but figured I would say this:

This year, I'm going into Grade 11, which is as my local rumors say, the toughest year of high school. Being a chronic procrastinator, I know this year gaming will take more than a bit out of my grades if I don't stop. So, I'm retiring all PC gaming activities as of tomorrow. This means, you will no longer see me on SWBF, or SWBFII, or even Xfire. I might still check up on SWBFGamers, but probably not as often.

Also, as for YAK, I apologize for not attending any matches aside from Kamino. I meant to attend more, but the clan drama has sort of driven me away from attending. Regardless of the final outcome of ICW3, I would request I have an ICW3 award on my profile (either Winner or Participant, depending if YAK wins or loses).

Also, I will not be fully out of contact. I have an iPad, and I actively play Minecraft: Pocket Edition on there. I've also become active on the Minecraft Forums in the past month or so. So, if you wish to contact me, just shoot me a message on there (or SWBFGamers, I still have my PM emails on), and maybe we could arrange to meet up on a server on Minecraft: Pocket Edition.

Also, as of recent events, I am soon to retire my General position in Alpha Clan. In the future, if you wish to contact our Generals, they will be Kyram and Dan, both of whom have profiles on SWBFGamers as well. However, if they cannot answer/help you out, you are welcome to contact me here, or on our clans website.

I've played this game for 3 years, and only been on the site for about 10 months. I've seen a lot of good people come and go, and I've seen people build legends of themselves. I've helped many in both personal issues, and general issues. In all my time, I've never been apart of such a closely-knit community of gamers. I thank Led and Jedikiller for hosting SWBFGamers, for without them, this community would already be in isolated fragments. I also thank my good friends who have been with me through thick and thin, as without them I probably would be some solo player who never got the word of the Gamespy shutdown.

And so, I retire today my SWBF Career, this time officially. I may still hop on during breaks and maybe next summer, who knows? In any case, I will be having a retirement party at 8pm Eastern today over Xfire. If you want to play with me in-game though, I'l be sure to join in and earn my newly found Bantha Fodder reputation oncemore.

This is Gold Man/GM 027/Adam (yes, that's my real name), 3-year Battlefrontian, General of Alpha Clan, founder of The Glitch Mafia/The Grand Mercenaries, and overall good friend to many, signing off.

Good luck in school! The easiest way to get through 11th grade is to just do your work. I procrastinate a lot too but I forced myself to finish all my homework as soon as I got home and it worked! Cya around, Gold Man. It's been a pleasure knowing you.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It's been a pleasure!  You'll be missed.

If 11th grade is the equivalent of Upper 6th... then you'll have a wild time.
I can vouch that it certainly got more stressful (And then you'll find out that Uni/Super-Employment is 10 fold more so)
But there will be much frolicking and folly also.

It's been fun, GM.  I hate to see ya go, but I respect your decision to put school first.

When you aren't too busy, we should play some SWBF for ol' time's sake, if you want.

It will pay off in the end ;) Shame I can't attend anything that late but I hope you have a great time.

Hope to see you around - maybe even on minecraft, although I am not a big fan of the game.

It's a shame to see you go Goldman, you'll be missed. I didn't get to play with you much but you've always seemed like a decent person who helps out others.
Best of luck with everything to do and hopefully you'll still be around somewhere, even if it's just a few games at Christmas. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Hate to see you go, but your reasons are solid.

Fair winds, and watch out for creepers.

well i hope you have fun in school and 11th grade is very hard from what i hear from my sis so do school work...ness. Well bye

p.s. how do you throw a party of xfire just wondering
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 02, 2013, 03:07:49 PM
well i hope you have fun in school and 11th grade is very hard from what i hear from my sis so do school work...ness. Well bye

p.s. how do you throw a party of xfire just wondering
The party is in game. (Sorry for off topic)

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on September 02, 2013, 03:31:15 PM
The party is in game. (Sorry for off topic)

Actually the party will be both in-game and on Xfire. Either I or one of my friends will setup an Xfire chatroom, then we can invite everyone to attend! :P

By the way, thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! :D

Bye Gold Man
Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 02, 2013, 12:30:51 PM
It's been a pleasure!  You'll be missed.

Daf*q is wrong with that image ? lol
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

uhhhhhh... there isn't a server on BF1 or a chatroom on xfire
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 02, 2013, 05:32:50 PM
uhhhhhh... there isn't a server on BF1 or a chatroom on xfire

Yeah, about that:

1. There's nobody even on SWBF1 (except me currently)
2. You need to be on my friends list to see the chatroom. Though seeing that nobody's really asked for me to set it up yet, I'l just wait for someone to ask me, then I might set it up myself.

Also, I've changed my avatar pic everyone! :P

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving. 11th grade will be a challenge but I think that with the proper amount of balance, you can still do things you enjoy (like SWBF) but also excel in school. I hope you drop by every once in a while. It was a pleasure to have you on the forums and if I don't hear from you again, I wish you the best in life.

Good luck with life liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (even though you're canadian).
You have been a great asset to the community, and it wont be the same without you.