New SWBF to be showcased at E3

Started by Droideka, May 06, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Even with the new Battlefront a year or more away, EA has confirmed that it will showcase the Star Was Battlefront re-boot at this year's E3. Can't wait  :cheers:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688648/star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014

Hopefully we get more than a CGI trailer, maybe some early gameplay, but I highly doubt it. Either way, I'm glad there's some news here.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on May 06, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
Even with the new Battlefront a year or more away, EA has confirmed that it will showcase the Star Was Battlefront re-boot at this year's E3. Can't wait  :cheers:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688648/star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014

Hopefully we get more than a CGI trailer, maybe some early gameplay, but I highly doubt it. Either way, I'm glad there's some news here.

Disney in 3 days, Max.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Oh my word, that's excellent news !  :ohmy:

Can't wait to see what they will show us, I also hope we get to see a bit of actual gameplay  :cheer:

didnt they spend most of the year fixing battlefield 4?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on May 06, 2014, 07:18:58 PM
didnt they spend most of the year fixing battlefield 4?

Oh they were fixing it?

I'm pretty sure me and some buddies ran into a Developer in a match... he had the Dev-only camo but he was like trying to glitch a bench. Lol
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I agree with you Droideka, hopefully we get something more than a compiled trailer of animated footage. I would love if they could even pull off a 12-minute gameplay demo at E3. That would just make my day.

Yeah, the tough thing about E3 though is that among the crazy reveals of new games, and all of the gameplay demos, you get just as many trailers that aren't made with a game's actual engine.

Considering how long I've waited for this game, I'll take any information or trailers we get. I'm just so excited for this that I hope they at least tell us things like the time period, and planets we will be fighting on.

Something speaks to me, that when released, if a Campaign mode is involved it will probably be a story about a male that doesn't know he has force powers, but as he progress through the story he learns he does and goes on to get nearly killed (or killed) by some Sith guy at the end. Like the Battlefront: Elite Squadron released years ago.
However that would obviously be all non-canon so I don't know.

Ehh... Tough to tell what DICE/EA/Disney/Lucas may do.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on May 11, 2014, 01:55:31 PM

However that would obviously be all non-canon so I don't know.

Ehh... Tough to tell what DICE/EA/Disney/Lucas may do.

Lucasarts has stated that any future video games in the Star Wars franchise will be considered canon. I have a feeling that the new Battlefront will take place in the timeline of the new movies, so the story will be especially tailored for consistency.

brace yourselves comrades! the disappointment shields MUST be raised!

Well I got my livestream open and watching, just waiting. The eager anticipation.  :cheer:
photobucket limit image removed