Battlefront 10th anniversary games : Christmas - New Year 2014

Started by {PLA}gdh92, November 27, 2014, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This year marks 10 years of battlefront and to celebrate we're inviting all players, regular or retired, to join us between Christmas and New Year.  We'll have public servers running every day and huge battles on Saturday 27th when we aim to fill the servers and have games as big as when battlefront was first released.

Everyone is very welcome to come and join in so please spread the news. We look forward to seeing you and having some good games.  :cheers:

If you haven't played for a while there's a guide here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7195.0

If you have any problems with the game don't hesitate to post, there's plenty of people who can help you.

Here is the anniversary thread on gamemaster:
http://gameshare.co/gamemaster
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Hi--this is Buckler aka Led from www.SWBFgamers.com

You are receiving this message since you have registered at our website,
which was formerly known as MPCgamers.com.

Star Wars: Battlefront is celebrating 10 years of gaming this December
and we want you back to celebrate with us during the period of December 25th-January 1st
on GameRanger and on our new GameMaster internet master server service.  Our goal is to
have one last blast of filled servers.

A patch for the GameMaster (Gamespy replacement) and instructions are are available on the front page of
www.SWBFgamers.com.  Let us know if you need help getting set up with GameRanger or GameMaster.

We invite you to find your old game disk and join us to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of this great game.
The regulars will try to be on as much as possible, especially on the weekends.

We hope to see you on the front!

All the best,
Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hi guys,

I got your message Buckler. Good to hear from you. Sounds like fun.  :tu:
Is this going to be for us Mac users as well, or just PC users?
I'm still using the same old mac I had back when we were all playing on GameRanger.
Do I need any special instructions, maps, etc and where do I find them?

Quote from: Ryanoceros on November 29, 2014, 03:08:02 PM
Hi guys,

I got your message Buckler. Good to hear from you. Sounds like fun.  :tu:
Is this going to be for us Mac users as well, or just PC users?
I'm still using the same old mac I had back when we were all playing on GameRanger.
Do I need any special instructions, maps, etc and where do I find them?

Ah, sadly we don't have any way to have macs and PC play together at the moment.  The only way is if your mac can run a PC emulator.

I will see if I can get the gamemaster folks to figure something out with DC's.    :cheers:

Okay, sound good. Maybe we can have the mac folk play on GameRanger, separate... assuming they still have BF1 on GameRanger. I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Quote from: Led on November 28, 2014, 07:16:46 PM
Our goal is to
have one last blast of filled servers.

Does that mean no one will play again?  :bye:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on November 29, 2014, 04:01:10 PM
Does that mean no one will play again?  :bye:

No  ;)

We will still play, but it is getting harder get full servers.  Nothing bring more people on a server than having a bunch of people on them.  But I do expect that this will be the last "big event"  ::)

Quote from: Led on November 29, 2014, 04:04:41 PM
No  ;)

We will still play, but it is getting harder get full servers.  Nothing bring more people on a server than having a bunch of people on them.  But I do expect that this will be the last "big event"  ::)

That's good! I know I'm not active any more but a piece of me nearly died when I read it.  :moo:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Boom, son.

Obviously not my best quality work. Just felt like slapping some pics together. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

randomly checked my old hotmail account tonight and got your email buckler!

I last gave my SWBF to my cousin, I'll see if he has it still. Regardless, I'll definitely jump on gameranger to say hi to everyone. Hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome back, A-99!

If possible, you should try to hop on the new GameMaster servers. I think that's where the majority of the party will be. :cheers:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Oh! Well that certainly does change the game. I might just have to hop on Gameranger then, so I can see all our Mac folks.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

December 18, 2014, 02:42:17 AM #14 Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:24:00 AM by Yule-Nit 33
I'll be there!  :xmastim: :cheer: cant wait to  :bomb: other players'

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie