GAMERECON

Started by gamereco, June 08, 2017, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi there,

My name is John and I thought I better let you know I have the same GameSpy system running for about a year now and I welcome you all to use our service if for any reason you might need it

our website can be found HERE

I'm pretty sure it's compatible with SWBF but I would need to update the master server with the keys

Best regards
Struth

That's great.  What code do you use?  Openspy?

We have used Gamemaster code developed by Kalle et al., and our service is called SWBFspy.  It has worked well for us.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm curious too.  In the past I had wished we had a backup spy-server but that was more when it wasn't in Led's hands.  It's working pretty well for us now.   

Kalle had developed support for a number of games with gamemaster, though most of us here were really only interested in BF1 & 2.

G'day,

well at least I don't feel so alone now, my master server don't get much action these days :'( but yeah, it's pretty stable, needs a PHP script restarted every three months but other than this, it's all good. I use the game/master Visual Basic system by Kalle, he told me to get in touch with you blokes but I've been working hard as a pro/am/vol web developer so I haven't had the time, not much has changed.
:sleep:
You might remember my nic as  GD=_)Struth from Gamediggers or the gamemaster forum? We developed a little app that updates the windows host file with the domains necessary to runs/starts a game to join a game/master server by Kalle, you are welcome to use the source code in developing your own version of the Launcher should you see fit, it's written in visual basic, just a matter of updating the directory targets, IP's, domains, media, etc.

Also, next time I'm cleaning up the master server database I'll update the keys for SWBF for our Gamerecon server in the case it may serve your project in some way, perhaps testing or collaborating to support a new game? You might like to add GRAW2 to your network, you can count on me to support the process, in addition, I'm not sure how much longer my group will continue to support the servers I run for them, but while they do, I'll do what I can to support them...     and if need be, you!

So If/when I retire my master servers, you might update your server keys on "SWBFspy" to support whoever is left playing GRAW2, perhaps likewise, you never know what's around the corner and it's of comfort to know "there can be more than one".
: cheers:

...struth

Nice.  Actually, I never got the instructions on how to add keys...it would be good to chat some time soon.  I have a test master server at home that needs to be connected to the database.  Perhaps you could help?

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I can show you the steps to add the security keys to the database to support new games, it's easy,  no need to even reboot the server for that, the work is in trawling through the executable and updating all the domains (or host file).

I'll post how to add a game key in here, give me a chance, it might take me little while

TeamSpeak - ts.gamerecon.net - if you want to chat