Star Wars Episode VII Trailer #2

Started by Rayce, April 16, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Really enjoyed this. I bet that last scene made alot of people happy. My only hope is that there are still some mos eisley style scenes in with all the action
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

From a visual perspective it looks amazing. To be honest, I don't want to see any more trailers. I know very little about the plot and I would be disappointed if they revealed any plot points in a trailer. This is good enough. I'm sold on seeing it in theaters.

Two shots I love in this trailer:

1) The very first shot with the star destroyer in the background on Tatooine

2) The X-Wings flying over the water

IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched it like 6 times back to back, then another time a few minutes ago.

Some things I'm pretty pleased about in terms of design and keeping the original feel. I'm not entirely sold on the new Imp stuff though, I guess I'll just have to wait to see it in theaters now to be able to say more.

Not sure if any of you guys felt this way (maybe it's just supposed to remain vague as a teaser should be) but the dialogue lines feel kinda cliche even within Star Wars terminology. Both teasers actually but then again I feel like I'm being a bit strong on the criticism since I so avidly love the original films.
photobucket limit image removed

I'm not sure how I feel about the "Phase VW" armor. But still, this film looks truly AMAZING!

Quote from: Epifire on April 16, 2015, 04:12:16 PM
Some things I'm pretty pleased about in terms of design and keeping the original feel. I'm not entirely sold on the new Imp stuff though, I guess I'll just have to wait to see it in theaters now to be able to say more.

Not sure if any of you guys felt this way (maybe it's just supposed to remain vague as a teaser should be) but the dialogue lines feel kinda cliche even within Star Wars terminology. Both teasers actually but then again I feel like I'm being a bit strong on the criticism since I so avidly love the original films.

Yeah.. how does one "have" the force like a disease or something. The dialogue seemed weird. But visually it looks amazing! I love the crashed star destroyer scene, it reminds me of that one episode of the Clone Wars cartoon.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Isn't the dialogue essentially from episode 6 but with "you have that power too" added?

Wow, I haven't had this many feels since Felix turned out to be a horrible, horible excuse for a human being.
Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on April 16, 2015, 07:04:14 PM
Isn't the dialogue essentially from episode 6 but with "you have that power too" added?
Pretty much, Mark might have redone it to match the new line.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I just really have to correct an issue here: it's not Tatooine, it's Jakku, a new planet, and it looks as if we'll have 2 new ones, one possibility being Corellia (Chewie, we're home) and a Ziost-esk planet.

I want a third one but only to see if John boyega takes off his helmet again.   :D
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Kînnjax on April 16, 2015, 09:19:20 PM
I just really have to correct an issue here: it's not Tatooine, it's Jakku, a new planet, and it looks as if we'll have 2 new ones, one possibility being Corellia (Chewie, we're home) and a Ziost-esk planet.

That is assuming you believe JJ Abrams. Personally, I think he is using misdirection with the planets and with character names. He's done this before in other movies like Star Trek. I still have a feeling it's Tatooine.