0.001 version of Training Zone is released!

Started by Snake, April 20, 2010, 02:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 20, 2010, 02:02:45 PM Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:23:05 PM by Snake
Well as you can see in the topic it's version 0.001 because it is hardly finished, You can walk off the map and a few cps and stuff are missing. So It is very unclean but the main stuff is there (The sniping range, duel arena etc)

Name: The Training Zone
Type: Mod Map
This contains: map folder
Compatible with: SWBF1
Download Size: 17.88 MB
How long this took me: 4 Weeks
Program used: BFBuilder
Pics: http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=2090.0
Description: This is a map for clan training. It is made up of mostly bespin stuff. I have not finished it hardly at all but the main point is there.
Credits: Me, Pandemic.
Download Link(s): http://www.mediafire.com/?gzr1khctjyy
OlderVersionsLink: none
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It looks good cant wait to see what it looks like in the end.

This map needs some sort of vechiles for the long trips of going to different sections. Or u can have all the classes have infinite clone jet packs.

Yeah thats what I meant to add but I forgot. Lol will be in the next version (If i ever get to it)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Better would be just a CP at each station.  modding sides completely ruins the point of having a training map.

Yeah, training maps are supposed to prep players for the real online conditions !
Jet limitations included !

I agree with Unit33 and Jon415.
That said, I think this map design would be great with jet troopers with infinite fuel.
It would be much easier to do what you had already planned and just drop the "training map" label.
A training map should ideally be designed to test all types of combat situations, and is usually in a compact design, so there is not too much running around.
IMO a good training map is a map where all weapons are equally effective to use, so people can practice any weapon. This map seems to favor snipers and jet troopers.
Just my two cents worth.

0.001 version. 'Nuff said.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder