Visual Munge error

Started by @dmiralTrenchsPRAgent, May 17, 2022, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 17, 2022, 04:18:08 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:00:31 PM by @dmiralTrenchsPRAgent Reason: Solution solved, new problems emerge.
I am trying to create a new map through visual munge in order to edit some of the base sides' unit weapons loadout. I have read that in order to fix the floating weapon icon error one has to attach the extraweapons.hud to side you intend to mod, as well as overwrite the mungeside.bat with the extraweapons.hud version. When I use visual munge to create the map I get the following message in the munge output \Common was unexpected at this time. In addition there is no lvl files in the map file located in the addon folder. Anyone know how to fix this? I'll attach lua file for reference.You cannot view this attachment. .

Edit: Fixed, needed download file to fix, new problems emerge when trying to ensure the edited units new weapons have sound (in this case, i have added to chainguns to both the rebels wookiees and the imperial dark troopers as well as adding 500 more hp to the dark trooper to make him more akin to the deadly threat seen in dark forces), i can not seem to add sound to their miniguns. I have edited the all_unit.snd and imp_unit.snd files to incorporate the clone commander's chaingun fire and spin affects and created the level's gcw sfx (named CHG for simplicity's sake) file to include the sound files as well (shown below) while copy and pasting the file ChainGun01.wav from the cw folder to the gcw folder.

all_unit.snd

// ----- Alliance Chaingun Start -----------------------------------------

SoundProperties()
{
    Name("all_weap_inf_chaingun_fire");
    Group("weapons");
    Inherit("weapon_template");
    Gain(0.9);
    Looping(1);
    RollOff(2.0);
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("wpn_chaingun_fire01", 1.0);
    }
}

SoundProperties()
{
    Name("all_weap_inf_chaingun_spin");
    Group("weapons");
    #ifplatform pc
    Gain(0.3);
    #endifplatform pc
    #ifplatform xbox
    Gain(0.2);
    #endifplatform xbox
    #ifplatform ps2
    Gain(0.2);
    #endifplatform ps2
    MinDistance(15.0);
    Pitch(0.75);
    Looping(1);
    Rolloff(3.0);
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("wpn_chaingun_spin", 1.0);
    }
}

// ----- Alliance Chaingun End -----------------------------------------

imp_unit.snd

// ----- Imperial Chaingun Start -----------------------------------------

SoundProperties()
{
    Name("imp_weap_inf_chaingun_fire");
    Group("weapons");
    Gain(0.9);
    Looping(1);
    RollOff(2.0);
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("wpn_chaingun_fire01", 1.0);
    }
}

SoundProperties()
{
    Name("imp_weap_inf_chaingun_spin");
    Group("weapons");
    #ifplatform pc
    Gain(0.3);
    #endifplatform pc
    #ifplatform xbox
    Gain(0.2);
    #endifplatform xbox
    #ifplatform ps2
    Gain(0.2);
    #endifplatform ps2
    MinDistance(15.0);
    Pitch(0.75);
    Looping(1);
    Rolloff(3.0);
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("wpn_chaingun_spin", 1.0);
    }
}

// ----- Imperial Chaingun End -----------------------------------------

CHGgcw.sfx

// All Chainguns
..\..\global\effects\chain_wind_lp.WAV  wpn_chaingun_spin   -resample ps2 16000 xbox 22050 pc 22050
..\..\gcw\effects\ChainGun01.wav         wpn_chaingun_fire01 -resample ps2 16000 xbox 22050 pc 22050

when i munged everything and test tried the level the chainguns had no sound. what am i doing wrong. also sorry for text dump.
Hey, buddy. Buddy. I ain't taking the rap on this. It's not my fault if every gung-ho jedi and clone comes in here. I don't need this action!