Weekday Direct Connection (Offline)

Started by Mac, January 29, 2009, 04:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 29, 2009, 04:26:00 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:22:20 AM by Mac

Hey MPC,

Since I seem to be getting asked to host a direct connection a lot of the time, I thought I'd try to host a weekday direction connection around 5 PM EST until 9 PM EST. I'll update this post everyday with the date, new maps, and the times that they server will be up. At the top you can see that I wrote "Server is offline." When it says, "Server is online," then it is online. If for some reason you cannot connect, please tell me. I might have to re-port forward since my local IPs change a lot.

I will keep this post updated with the date, maps and IP if that ever changes. Also, there might be bots, but only a maximum of 4.

Too make things less laggy for you guys I'll be hosting a dedicated server, so I'm not playing from the host computer and I can use my own computer without causing you guys extreme lag and spikes. Though, I lag sometimes since my whole internet is clogged up with your traffic. <_<

Note, I can't assure you that my parents or siblings won't quit the server. They have done that before. If the server suddenly shuts down, find me on Gameranger, MPCgamers, or AIM.

Date: 2/24/2009
IP: 98.217.24.157
Maps: Same as yesterday. I haven't taken the server down, woops.
Bots: 6

------------------------------------------

Date: 2/23/2009
Maps: Jabba's Palace, Mustafar, dea1, Kamino.
Approx time: 3:30 PM EST - 9 PM EST

Date: 2/12/2009
Maps: Cloud City, Kamino, Platforms, Jabba's Palace
Approx time: 5:00 PM EST to 8 PM EST

Date: 2/6/2009
Maps: Mustafar (mus1), Bespin: Cloud City, Bespin: Platforms, Tatooine: Jabba, Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Approx Time: 6 PM EST - 7:30 PM EST

2/4/09
Did not host because host computer is in use.

2/3/09
Did not host today, and will not.

Date: 2/2/2009
Maps: Hangerz1, maz1, Rhen Var: Citadel, Cloud City
Bots: 4
Approximate Time: 4 PM EST - 9 PM EST
Notes: I will be away from 5:00 to 8:00 PM EST. It may get shut down by a family member. Enjoy though!

---------------------------------------

Date: 1/31/2009
Maps: Corus1, Corus2, Cloud City, Kamino, Maze
Approximate Time: 7 PM EST - 10 PM EST
Notes: Wasn't hosted at all. Couldn't find time.

--------------------------------------

Date: 1/30/2009
Maps: Kamino, Citadel, Mustafar (mus1), Yavin 4: Arena
Approximate time: 4 PM - 9 PM EST
Note: This will be up a while since I'm going out to Chinese with the family. Have fun! Sorry, my brother quit out of the server. I can get it going around 8:30 - 9 EST again. Brother shut server down, again. Server trolled again by Blige.

**STARTED UP SERVER AGAIN AT APPROX. 8:45 PM EST**

--------------------------------------

Date: 1/29/09
Maps: dea1, Cloud City, maz1, myg1, uta1, Jabba's Palace, Frag World
Approximate time: 4 PM EST - 9 PM EST.
Notes: Good game, had a crowd of up to 9 people, small spikes of lag, had one troller named Blige.

I decided to start it a bit early today, so I'm starting the server at approximately 4 PM EST. I also added frag world!

Hey Thanks mac!

Iw ill say that if I can get my mini up and running I will do a 24 Hour Server so I might put you outa business I dunno, depends on lag....

How do I join the DC game when it's up and running? I see the IP but where do I get the password?

There is no Password for this server when it is online- it will just be the IP and the password field can be left blank.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I'm really sorry guys, but I'm really sick today. I can't host it. And yes, this DC will never have a password to it.

Quick Update: I'll try to get this going again tomorrow.

Mac, what version are you using...1.2?  I tried logging on last night when the thread said the server was online and I had no luck.

Quote from: "Dresh"Mac, what version are you using...1.2?  I tried logging on last night when the thread said the server was online and I had no luck.

Yeah, the server was down. I thought it was up, but my dad turned off the host computer without telling me.