Story OR Multiplayer?

Started by El Chupacabra, February 18, 2009, 08:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT DO YOU PREFER? STORY OR MULTIPLAYER?

A good story is all I need.
2 (11.8%)
Forget stories! I love to blow up total strangers!
8 (47.1%)
I'm indifferent and like both.
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 18, 2009, 08:52:52 PM

February 18, 2009, 08:52:52 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:46:38 PM by El Chupacabra
(First topic of mine) What do you like more in a shooter like SWBF, Halo or C.O.D? Please answer the poll, but also feel free to post your opinion and your reasons why you voted the way you did.

Personally I love Multiplayer. Battling other people is just so much more fun than bots. People are more innovative, tricky and better shots generally. Also I like being able to chat with other players about the game, life and other menial things. It's never bad to fight your friends. Or enemies.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I equally enjoy both, though the single-player better have a good story (scriptless bot fights are boring). However, I look to the multiplayer more because that has infinite replay value.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Story imo is a way to get yourself used to the game so you can go pwn everyone online, but a good storyline is bonus. SWBF2 compared to SWBF1 had a much better story mode just because the maps had actual objectives

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Halo is a good example of a game that had a good story mode and mutiplayer. Although the community is not the best...

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "The_Pi"Story imo is a way to get yourself used to the game so you can go pwn everyone online, but a good storyline is bonus. SWBF2 compared to SWBF1 had a much better story mode just because the maps had actual objectives

You're right. All you had to do in SWBF 1 was win the maps. Pretty lame if you ask me. I liked how the story in SWBF 2 followed the 501st legion and such. It was a good story line. (I still haven't finished it!)

stories are only good for single player and co-ops!  If it wasnt for multiplayer the game would have been dead years ago!  Multiplayer all the way...

I personally love a good storie as long as its Co-op, SP games as Dreash said die off once you have beat the game in every way possible as fast as possible and collected every possible thing.

Co-op's that you can add levels for with a good engine are the best games out there IMO, i would love SWBF if you could make it more story integrated, i'd not play any other game.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

i like both, but a good story makes for good multiplayer, because the multiplayer maps have meaning, they're not just some graveyard on tatoine or whatever. and it is agreed that the halo community is just nasty...

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]

Yup, multiplayer is what keeps games alive, but stories to me is what really makes FPS games more different and interesting. Of course, co-op story mode is what I really like in those kinds of games.