SWBF comeback?

Started by Breakdown, February 11, 2009, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "El Chupacabra"On this topic, I thought SWBF was pretty boring until I discovered the Multiplayer patch, which led me to find out about the almost-cult following. The downloadable maps and mods make this game much more fun than a console version. I hope I'm not too late.

Trust me, you aren't.

SWBF had better times but this game is still awesome and is still in good shape.

#TYBG

PC side is in great shape. I can hop on at almost any time and find a 20 or higher game going (sometimes have to hit german servers though from time differences :P)

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Quote from: "The_Pi"PC side is in great shape. I can hop on at almost any time and find a 20 or higher game going (sometimes have to hit german servers though from time differences :P)

Thomas actually got SWBF 1 for PC working online for me. I couldn't have done it without him. I found that a lot of the servers are either German, or American with a ton of Germans in them speaking German. <_<

I actually joined a lag-free 40 man game the other day!

Thanks to Pi for teaching me the registry xD

#TYBG

so, can you guys with macs now play on pc servers?

Hey Dresh,
I just wanted to say to you that I think your mod is great. I added it to my list over here.
Not sure why the other guy, the staff guy, lesovikk1, got so upset over my two questions.
I felt they were completely legitimate questions to ask. But I wasn't trying to 'dis' your mod in any way. I rather like it.
In fact, I wanted to try it online last night but others wanted to play different maps instead. We'll try it later today or maybe this weekend.
Thanks again for making it. :)
Ryan

Quote from: "Dresh"so, can you guys with macs now play on pc servers?

Only Intel Macs that run SWBF 1 for PC via Cider. It's a complicated process. <_<

Ryanoceros: lesovikk1 was not staff he was just some dude ranting rudely about ppl making mods and maps for SWBF1 instead of SWBF2.  It was Mav (staff) that edited the idiots post and his edit was meant for lesovikk1 not for you!  lol

who all uses PC game on cider and has tweaked to use pc servers?

staff at anything related to gametoast tend to have a rather inflated opinion of themselves... and think that they are automatically better than anyone else. I wouldn't let it bother you, Ryan... although staff members generally do have the (SWBFFiles Staff) logo next to their name.

regardless, nice to see another mapper. gj dresh!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I've rattled up a few now, just to get some practice in with the tools, nothing worth releasing tho (well not in my opinion).  Currently working on one, and got a good few more ideas in the pipeline!  You've helped me a good few times with issues and if it wasnt for  help from the folks in the know I'd still be stuck getting that damn minimap radar off! lol  That one was my first map, not much too it just a little bit of editing what was already there.  It is fantastic to play Last man standing with it with no AI and 10+ humans.  Especially when you know that someone will appear for some ammo or bacta sooner or later!

Quote from: "Dresh"Ryanoceros: lesovikk1 was not staff he was just some dude ranting rudely about ppl making mods and maps for SWBF1 instead of SWBF2.  It was Mav (staff) that edited the idiots post and his edit was meant for lesovikk1 not for you!  lol

who all uses PC game on cider and has tweaked to use pc servers?

I do, well I used to be able to. My hard drive is currently inside an air tight bag waiting to be extracted into readable format. I got a new computer, so yeah...

Yeah, I finally figured it all out with a little help from others.
I missed the edited post so I thought the staff comment was directed at me.
I'm so grumpy in the mornings from back pain and sleepless nights, I'm vulnerable to comments like those that lesovikk1 said. lol
I should have waited a bit longer before I logged online. :P

what can I say apart from...lol!