SWBF 1 hover vehicles bullet spin out of control, adjusting bank/strafe seems to

Started by SteamSWBF, March 31, 2017, 06:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hover Vehicles spin out of control either bouncing  end over end (Tatooine  skiff)
or spin like a bullet when attempting turning left or right (hover tank, speeders). 
No top style spins have been observed.
The aircraft seemed to be ok

I could avoid the bulletspin by turning slowly to avoid overbanking and causing the spin , however the AI  bots were out of control and though they shot at targets, the speed of the bullet spin threw their aim off and they had problems traveling to their targets.

Have not read of anyone else having this problem, nor did I have it on a previous computer WinXp Core 2 Quad.
However It was noticeable on Win 8.1 i7.

A Logitech gamepad is used, though that should not affect the AI moves.

I HEX EDITED  the hover vehicle files in their xxx.lvl (respective sides file) looking for the following and set the values to 0.00

To help find them, the ODF file(BF builder) was referenced:

StrafeRollAngle         = 0.01 // set to 0.00 to avoid bullet type spins 
ThrustPitchAngle        = 0.0
BankAngle           = -0.01 // set to 0.00 to avoid bullet type spins

The skiff was part of the map and had to be edited there changing these values:

StrafeRollAngle         = 0.01 // set to 0.00 to stabilize skiff
ThrustPitchAngle        = 0.01 // set to 0.00 to stabilize skiff
BankAngle           = -0.01 // set to 0.00 to stabilize skiff

Now why these were a problem on one computer but not another, however if anyone has a better idea to fix or is having the same issue, the hex edit of the sides xxx.lvl fixed it.     
FYI the speeder bike for the all.lvl seems to be controlled by the imp.lvl.

-------------------
EDIT   
FIXED
It was the VSYNC  setting,
Once that was turned on the problem went away. 
On my machine VSYNC in the video setting menu for the game was off by default

@Sereja  THANK YOU for the suggestion on the video settings

I've also been having this issue - though it seems to only happen in the actual game, while everything's fine in SPTest. I don't know why it would happen as I've had the same version of the game since it came out.  The issue didn't exist in the past, but showed up now that it's been reinstalled it on my newer PC.  Thanks for figuring this out though! I've been at a loss for how to get it fixed, and I'll be trying this fix pretty soon :cheers:

This bug caused by videocard settings. You may try to change some videocard settings, or just increase antialiasing in the game menu to x8 or so.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I've had the same problem in the past. I was totally unable to play SWBF1 on my old computer because of this problem. However with my new computer its totally fine. It only ever happened in singleplayer, never multi.

I think Sereja is correct when he says its a graphics card issue.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.