Making animated texture need Help. (SOLVED)

Started by Ginev, September 13, 2015, 02:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 13, 2015, 02:28:38 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:52:40 PM by Ginev
If i remember correctly before 2 years i was playing a map with animated textures in one of the models of the map.What i mean is interface model with 4 textures that change with one another every 1 sec.Is this a render type?Because when i check the render types section from gametoast i find out that there is render type for such thing:

1 ========== 01 = Render Glow (unused? -No shader for RenderType?)
          2 ========== 02 = Render Lightmap
          3 ========== 03 = Render Scrolling *See Notes
          4 ========== 04 = Render Specular (See THIS topic by AQT)
          5 ========== 05 = Render Gloss Map
          6 ========== 06 = Render Chrome (Meshtool's environment map flag)
          7 ========== 07 = Render Animated

Render type 7 support some kind of animation for the textures however i dont know how to use it.If someone know please help!  ???

Seems, this may work only for SWBF2. Here some researches about that:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6445.msg68715#msg68715
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

So this is not possible for Battlefront 1 except throug a fx file which i already know.But if its possible for Battlefront 2 how to do it?If someone know please to explain.

Well, since it's rip each texture to 16 clusters, you just need a tga setted up like this:

16 cluster?  :wacko:  It will be better someone to give me example picture. :D

I know how to use Gimp but i dont use all his functions.Im sure if i see picture ill know what to do :)

You do not need to make a clusters. The code make it for you. All you have to do, it's set HEX code 00 00 00 00 07 after ATRB, and set the tga image for it correctly, just like those attached one.

September 14, 2015, 03:40:33 AM #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:44:03 AM by Ginev
Is it possible to make it with more clusters or this is the default from the game and cannot be changed?Also your picture is 256x256.Can i use 512x512 or even 1024x1024 texture size?Also i dont think there is a value which control the speed of the swaping images? :D

Well, speed controllers, is usualy seat right after render numbers, so it's may be after 07 code, but I didn't test it yet. The tga can be any size, which could be recognized by SWBF2. 16 clusters - it's default value, which can't be changed.

September 14, 2015, 03:59:04 PM #8 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:45:36 PM by Ginev
Ok thanks Sereja.Im gonna make some tests and if the result are good then this topic is solved :)

EDIT:
Ok i tryed 07 on 6th place after ATRB and in Battlefront 2 the game crashed when i tryed to look the model with the texture you gave me.Then i tryed adding on the 7th place 20 value.This time the game did not crash but nothing happen to the model aswell.It was just a normal texture.No swappng images.If someone discover something let me know please.Im gonna check for some information in gametoast from the proxy.

EDIT 2:
I found this from Darth Duck in gametoast:

it CAN be used to make something like a flipbook anim and is good for many things like animted fire without using an effect- if you set the texture up correctly (its the same texture-anim-system as in other games)
it will jump from one picture to another, like a gif.

The Docs wrote:
    Animated
    This render type is used for animated textures. All the frames must be on the same texture. Your UV's should be mapped to the first cell (not the entire texture). Each individual cell is always square and is determined automatically from the number of frames. The number of frames must be a perfect square (ie. 1,2,9,16,25,36...).

September 15, 2015, 01:52:15 PM #9 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:19:49 PM by Ginev
FINALLY I DID IT :D

Sereja im using your example texture.

For people who use XSI SOFTIMAGE ZEDITOR plugin.
Before you export go to ZE TOOLS/MSH TOOLS/Manage materials.Then select the material for the texture you want to animate,then click Zeify.After that click edit.Go to render types and put 7.After that in data 0 add 16.Data 0 is for how much frames your texture have or maybe cluster if i may say (not sure).Data 1 control the speed of the swaping images.I tryed with 20 and its very very fast.Just saying.Maybe 5-6 is fine. :)