Preview for upcoming "Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers" pack

Started by Giftheck, August 21, 2015, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's a few preview shots of units that will feature in my V3 pack "Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers".

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I use a method which involves me enveloping the body first then the shoulders and head are usually separated meshes. This means I can simply swap out the head mesh whenever I need to to create a new model. Most of the Clone Troopers use the same body mesh: the phase I mesh from SWBF.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

"Claps" Bravo, bravo! These look awesome!  Love the passion your putting into these. The slight edit to the dark trooper looks very promising.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I've started enveloping and weighting the Clone Troopers. This will be fairly straightforward as I'm using the method I mentioned above. The only ones to not use this method are the Clone Engineer and the Jet Trooper, both of which have different upper bodies.

As it stands, each will include a 'lowres' version of the model mapped to the standard lowres skeleton. My tests for replacing the lowres skeleton did not turn out so well, so that's my only avenue here, unless somebody hacks the exe and doubles the model memory pools.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's another one I'm working on. You might recognise the shape-in-progress as the TCW Phase 2 clone pilot (still got the cheeks and texture work to do):

In Progress:

On Hold:

Finally, A  TCW phase II clone pilot. Can't wait to see how it turns out! I love all these storm troopers too, especially the imperial jet troopers :tu:

I finished that unit last night. Here's what the finalized version looks like:

It will, of course, include a blank texture for you to create your own versions with.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Great job, Gistech!! Can't wait for the release. It will be perfect for my Cato Neimoidia map :D

Quote from: JazzMaster on August 29, 2015, 06:28:47 AM
Great job, Gistech!! Can't wait for the release. It will be perfect for my Cato Neimoidia map :D

I forgot you're doing the Cato Neimoidia map. I've taken the liberty of updating my PH2 ARC as well. About 70% of my planned units are so far done, I have to make custom lowres versions for the Clones too. But it's fairly close.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's something I'm considering adding as a 'bonus' for this map:

The texture for the helmet comes from a Star Wars iOS app - it's the only way I could get the darned thing to work properly. The body and helmet are both modified from the stormtrooper in this set.
In Progress:

On Hold: