xsi msh export problem need HELP!

Started by Ginev, August 11, 2015, 09:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok i installed xsi softimage 7.5 and i added the ZETools plugin into my:
C:\users\Name\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons folder.

When i open xsi i see ot the top panel that i have ZETools option with all the stuffs i need.
However when i import some simple obj file (like textured cube or something like that)
and when i click export,this error popup on little window infront of me:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZETools

Encountered an error while exporting,copy error to clipboard?

yes          no

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know what to do guys?If someone have xsi and he encountered error just like this and he fix it somehow please to share this information with me.I am testing this on my old computer (Windows XP 32 bit)

I try it also on my 64bit computer (new one) but when i import model and when try to select it,it gives me some other error and xsi shot down at the moment however ignore that for now.Lets focus on the XP version.

Did you try to export with ZETools a model maded exactly with XSI?
Imported models, are usualy buggy. They nead to be preapeared before exporting.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

August 11, 2015, 11:47:47 AM #2 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:59:22 AM by Ginev
I imported some of Naboo msh buildings.When i imported one building in xsi it was looking fine at first.But when i scrool the mouse just to have better view the entire model polygons get totally messed up.I dont know something strange is happening here.However i re-import the model and this time nothing bad happen.I clicked export and this time the loading bar reach the end but at the moment he reach the end it gave me again the same Clipboard problem that i encounter with my obj models...I check for exported model however i didn't found such.When i click No to the error again it gives me some red text on the bottom of the xsi screen.Ok i run out of options but im sure now that the problem is because my windows have Bulgarian language package.ill try remove it without messing up something however this may take a while.If that think did not help ill be forced to Force-push the DELETE button.  :shrug: 

Thanks for the help however.

EDIT:I uploaded 3 pictures directly from xsi so you guys can see. (gamefront ZIP file 550kb size.I cant upload them at the moment to imageshack for quick view sorry about that)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25169637/xsi_problem_pictures.zip

August 11, 2015, 12:03:46 PM #3 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:11:50 PM by Sereja
The bulgarian langage is fine. Seems, XSI do not like only russians. ;)

I guess, I see the problem on your pic: you forgot to add final directory line.
You just send your model to nowhere... :bye:

This line should be under the Export Mesh:
C:\Softimage\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons\ModTool_Database\Models\1.msh

Also, you need to open Explorer window (one of 4), create a Null, put the model inside of it, and click on it by middle mouse button. Only after that try to export.

I followed what you said however the clipboard again showed up and when i click No i get again the red text on the bottom.

Here is 2 pictures.Well nothing new to see to be honest:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25169739/2+pictures.zip

I think the only one who can help me with this is the person who created this program however i dont have any idea how i can contact with him not to mention that i dont know if he is still active here  :slap:
(Or probably he were never active here dont know :D )

Anyway thanks for the help Sereja.I won't delete the program for now since someone may see this topic and give me some additional information.

The first steps in XSI is always difficult, but patience leads to perfection.
Let's see how it works: I just importing some of the naboo buildings:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Seems shadow null no needed, so Idelete it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I create a Null, and put everything under it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I click middle mouse button on the Null, and export with ZETools.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That's it! :)

Lol thanks.This time worked.However only for original created MSH models from BF1 and 2.When i click file/import/obj and when i add null and middle mouse select and try to export the exporter still working this time,however when i open with MSH viewer the program crash and i cant see anything.Do i need to prepare somehow my obj file in order to work?I tryed Aayla secura and some Naboo buildings and they work.But sadly no for my obj's...

Yes, perhaps they need to be prepeared before export. obj. is very buggy format for XSI. Try click on your model and open ZETools. But instead of Export - click on Check Sel button. If it say something like Bad Faces - your model need to be triangulated before exporting.

Lol thanks alot Sereja now is working.For Battlefront 1/2 you are my idol :D
If there is some problem ill PM you.   :cheers: