[SOLVED]Annoying XSI bug

Started by RepComm, February 12, 2014, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 12, 2014, 08:56:45 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:18:18 PM by -RepublicCommando-
EDIT: Please read the very last post and Sereja's post if necessary.
--
Video: http://youtu.be/fKmmaSlLSvA

The issue is some verts are transforming without them being selected. I'll select some to move, and transform them like I want, but some other completely random ones move as well. If I select just those verts that moved, the other ones move back..

It is something that will hinder me from making models permanently with XSI, it MUST be fixed. Does anyone know a solution? I didn't see any documentation on it..

Try copy your model, and move at some distance in any direction. Then, merge old and new copy in single model (or make a two new copy and merge them), click merge materials, and delete generator inputs. In polygon mode, crop no needed model copy part, and delete it. Now, you should have the same model, but mostly free of bugs. The issue of this method: you can't edit UV's anymore, by selecting some separated parent parts, so you have to edit them first, if it's needed.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

This appears to have no effect on the issue.. I still have the same result.

February 14, 2014, 06:16:30 PM #3 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:39:57 PM by -RepublicCommando-
-- I have found the "problem."

There is an option called "Symmetry Mode" in the right side panel with the transform tools.
Make sure that button isn't active and the issue will stop. Evidently XSI can detect symmetric geometry and will utilize it for your advantage when this button/mode is activated. So it is in fact not a bug, but rather a user friendly option. -- Solved.