Lowering/changing the ambient lighting on a model?

Started by Giftheck, October 23, 2018, 09:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 23, 2018, 09:21:44 AM Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:07:53 AM by Giftheck
How do I alter the ambience for the lighting on a model? I've modified the Carbon Freezing Chamber for Cloud City and it's got a yellowish hue that I don't really want:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well, the original assets have -vertexlighting line in the msh.option. Perhaps you may also need to edit vertex color of the model, to make those line work.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I've never done that before. How do you alter the vertex lighting?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

In the XSI under left, Model panel click Property>Map Paint Tools>Brush Properties. It gives you pop-up window which is better keep open. Here you need to choose Vertex Colors, maybe change Brush to Raycast, and choose color which you like. Then you have to activate brush itself, by choosing your model, and click  Property>Map Paint Tools>Paint Vertex Color Tool.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on October 23, 2018, 12:18:36 PM
In the XSI under left, Model panel click Property>Map Paint Tools>Brush Properties. It gives you pop-up window which is better keep open. Here you need to choose Vertex Colors, maybe change Brush to Raycast, and choose color which you like. Then you have to activate brush itself, by choosing your model, and click  Property>Map Paint Tools>Paint Vertex Color Tool.

Thanks, Sereja!
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 27, 2018, 07:48:57 AM #5 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:56:39 AM by Giftheck
Just out of curiosity, is there a way for me to 'cheat' it and block-colour the vertexes so that I can have a solid colour to work with and then paint on where I need changes in the colour?
In Progress:

On Hold: