Mac percentages on steam.

Started by Soap Mactavish, June 06, 2010, 05:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
looked it up on steam. Mac is now 13% of all the gamers on steam. Doesnt look like much but a nice number compared to our market share on the general internet.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I actually find these numbers quite surprising, considering the Mac market share and the market share that actually plays games. Then again most of Steam's library is made up of casual games and portal was free which led to a lot of people flocking to steam.

It's interesting to analyze.

#TYBG

true, i hope they start posting the data up on the tech specs of these macs.

Even tho steam hasnt been entirely consistant on their promise of a game every week i cant help but feeling pretty mellow rather than my usually ranting over businesses. If anyone here is an undercover steam agent i thank you :D

i think that 12% of the mac on steam isnt a testament to the many users of mac. It could be to the fact that there are alot of low power windows machines that cant game but can contribute to the overall windows market share by browsing the interent.

low power windows machines would include netbooks, tablets (sort of), old computers that we pass on to our grandparents and such

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon