League Scoring

Started by Dresh, April 07, 2009, 05:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The_Pi mentioned that he was not sure if he fully understood the scoring system for the league matches/table.  I thought I'd post a thread to try and clarify what happens as I feel it is important for you guys to know how things work.  I have taken The_Pi's full scores (he has played 2 matches, 8 games in total) and I will use those scores to try and illustrate what is going on.

As you can see from above under the 'MATCH SCORES' heading there are all the scores from the games Pi has played. Let's look at round 1 and how the score is worked out:

the equation is easy: (kills - deaths) + (2x CPs) + BONUS = SCORE

so in Round 1:
(15 - 14) + (2 x 5) + 10 = Score
1      +     10   + 10 = 21

In the first round Pi (first round for the_pi was Match 2) got a bonus of 10 because he won the round but won no awards.

Lets look at his round 2 score:
(kills - deaths) + (2x CPs) + BONUS = SCORE
    (20 - 10)    +   (2x 6)  +    5
        10         +     12     +    5     =   27

looking at the score sheets for that match we can see that he lost the round but was awarded Survivalist hence the 5 bonus points.

Take a look at the scoring system ( http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/foru ... c.php?1607 ) for a list of the points involved in the bonus'.

Once all the scores have been calculated (easy for me cos the spreadsheet does all the math for me) for the match, the top 2 scores get taken over for the league table calculations. look at the 'TOP 2 ROUNDS SCORES' table now. You can see that the top 2 scores from both matches he has played has been taken over. The next bit is just simple averages.  For example his average kills are 19, calculated by adding all his kills up, in this case 15+20+29+12=76 and dividing by 4 (the number of scoring rounds he has played) to give us 19. This is done with deaths, CP's, Bonus and the Score to give us the numbers that appear in the league table!

Hope that clears things up a little for anyone that wasn't sure!

ok. That clears up most of it for me. The main thing that messed me up was that I though I was doing something wrong because the table averages don't calculate to the final score. Everything else makes sense for me now

Also, any chance I could see the excel document used for scoring? I'm curious how you got the formulas to handle everything after typing in the scores.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

sent you a pm about it man! Nothing exciting or special in it just basic formula!

Also the averages in the table are either rounded up or down so you cant use them for the final score calculation.