Modding Retirement

Started by Breakdown, April 02, 2010, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all

I'm just here to quickly announce something, just to be dramatic.

I've decided to retire from SWBF modding, it's relatively pointless to modify it anymore, barely anyone plays it, and I have become quite annoyed with certain things regarding modding of this game. Perhaps nothing relating actually to physical modding, but maybe things  which I will not name, I do not want to upset..

I have many big ideas, but they are just too big to be implemented into SWBF anymore. I will still play SP or MP occasionally, I barely play it anyway, and just as a note to BHF, I'm never leaving you guys :D

Please don't litter this topic with replies like "zomgg no don't leave  :bye:", I just wanted to inform everyone so if you need modding help or want me to work on something with you, I'll be likely to decline. I plan to work on  maybe one more small project with Commander before I am finished.

I am probably gonna move onto Source engine now, so sorry if anyone was lookign forward to things like the Raka boss map and stuff, sorry,  because it won't be released.

-BD

:o darn BD. I hope you have fun on whatever other games you play/mod. SWBF1 Modding will miss you!  :XD:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 02, 2010, 03:54:23 PM #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:08:02 PM by Jango
 :o :oWe'll all miss you BD. :( :bye: Maybe someday you will come back :D Awhile back i had quit modding swbf, but then about 2 months ago i came back to it :tu:
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

See ya around breakdown, I understand.

Yeah, I understand, despite the strength of the SWBF community, I can't help but feel the games appeal is diminishing.
And the amount of mods out there has definitely slowed, despite last years quite serge on Filefront.
I think we all appreciate your work toward the game, and I hope we might here from you in the future.

Quote from: Breakdown on April 02, 2010, 02:19:54 PM
Hey all

I'm just here to quickly announce something, just to be dramatic.

I've decided to retire from SWBF modding, it's relatively pointless to modify it anymore, barely anyone plays it, and I have become quite annoyed with certain things regarding modding of this game. Perhaps nothing relating actually to physical modding, but maybe things  which I will not name, I do not want to upset..

I have many big ideas, but they are just too big to be implemented into SWBF anymore. I will still play SP or MP occasionally, I barely play it anyway, and just as a note to BHF, I'm never leaving you guys :D

Please don't litter this topic with replies like "zomgg no don't leave  :bye:", I just wanted to inform everyone so if you need modding help or want me to work on something with you, I'll be likely to decline. I plan to work on  maybe one more small project with Commander before I am finished.

I am probably gonna move onto Source engine now, so sorry if anyone was lookign forward to things like the Raka boss map and stuff, sorry,  because it won't be released.

-BD

OMGZ... i hatez you! no fair! we are allmost the only one who can really give good compliments! thats the best thing about SWBF players! you allways have like 30 posts about how great your maps are. if you want i can post like 50 times more whit the same text

Btw have fun and make sure you dont make other players jelous

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse