Map Crash

Started by Jango, March 03, 2010, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I made a space map and it worked fine, but now after i added more stuff to it and it crashes. ugh i knew this would happen. happens every time i make a map! well anyway, the bf log said this:
Opened logfile BFront.log  2010-03-03 0848

Message Severity: 3
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Explosion.cpp(276)
Explosion "spa2_prop_antenna_descruct_exp" missing effect "spa2_sfx_prop_antenna_descruct_exp"

Message Severity: 2
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Weapon.cpp(1410)
Weapon 'weapons.spa1.weap.all_shipturret' is not localized for stats page

Explosion "imp_bldg_boxturret_exp" missing effect "spa_sfx_turret_exp"

Explosion "imp_weap_bldg_boxturret_exp" missing effect "spa1_sfx_weap_laser_exp_lg"

Weapon 'weapons.imp.weap.bldg_boxturret' is not localized for stats page

Weapon 'weapons.spa1.weap.imp_shipturret' is not localized for stats page

Explosion "all_bldg_moncal_roundturret_exp" missing effect "spa_sfx_turret_exp"

Weapon 'weapons.all.weap.moncal_roundturret' is not localized for stats page

Explosion "spa_prop_engine_descruct_exp" missing effect "spa1_sfx_all_rebelcruiserengine_exp"

Explosion "all_cap_rebelcruiser_destruct_ex" missing effect "spa1_sfx_junkengine_exp"

Explosion "spa_prop_frigate_destruct_exp" missing effect "spa2_sfx_prop_antenna_descruct_exp"
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

It looks like you need to point the ODF files to an effect that is in your mod or add the ones you are missing. And don't forget to localize before you munge.

i realize that, but those shouldnt cause the whole map to crash. Can too many command posts cause a crash?
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Missing things will cause the game to crash. You need to fix those and then once they are fixed, if it's still not working, then you'll have to diagnose other possible causes.

Sev 3 errors are generally game-crashing. Fix them if at all possible.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

March 03, 2010, 06:53:58 PM #4 Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:31:38 PM by Jango
I fixed the sev 3 errors and it still crashes. I noticed that when i try to open my map file with bf builder pro i get this error message. hmmm... i wonder if it doesnt like the new terrain size. The map had worked before i had changed the terrain size. Also, When my map was working before i had added more stuff, the rebels could spawn, but when the empire spawned they instantly died. it said in sptest that they were out range. what does that mean??

Every time when you make space map it will be good to place in the zero 2-3 objects then munge.I know its very boring but if your map crash you will know the objects who make the map crash because not all objects from Bf2 modtools work properly in Bf1.You have to know this guys.  ;)
none