SWBF Original pc (disc) sound files

Started by Bearzerg, March 16, 2024, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

So with the release of battlefront on switch, I saw that, like the steam release, the game only includes English language.
I'm kinda nostalgic of the french voices i had on ps2 and i used my CD files of bf2 to mod my switch game and now i have working french voices for bf2.
The thing is, i can't for the life of me find the french audio files online for bf1, and i even tried the Ps2 and Xbox files, none of them seems to work. I even searched archive.org, but i only found English and Hispanic versions of the game.

I'm out of options there, if anyone appears to have those files, on an old CD lying there, I'd be very thankful.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Quote from: Bearzerg on March 16, 2024, 08:34:38 AMHi,

So with the release of battlefront on switch, I saw that, like the steam release, the game only includes English language.
I'm kinda nostalgic of the french voices i had on ps2 and i used my CD files of bf2 to mod my switch game and now i have working french voices for bf2.
The thing is, i can't for the life of me find the french audio files online for bf1, and i even tried the Ps2 and Xbox files, none of them seems to work. I even searched archive.org, but i only found English and Hispanic versions of the game.

I'm out of options there, if anyone appears to have those files, on an old CD lying there, I'd be very thankful.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Not sure for BF2, but at least in SWBF1 Spanish the voiceovers are in English by default.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Red04SWBF on March 16, 2024, 04:32:18 PMNot sure for BF2, but at least in SWBF1 Spanish the voiceovers are in English by default.

I didn't knew bf1 didn't get Spanish voiceovers. I originally thought the game was in 5 languages , like most games at the time. Finding info on this is quite difficult, mostly because of the EA game of the same name.

But I'm certain there's a French version, as I played it on ps2 back in the day. I just can't find files online I might end up buying the discs on Ebay, they're pretty cheap after all.

Oh well, really didn't know there exist voiceovers in French! Maybe you should have a look to the files inside the original PS2 disc to get a clue and then searching a way of extracting these sound files. Here are tools like SWBFUnmunge which had been use to extract LVL files, but I don't recall if it would work for sound-related ones.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

March 23, 2024, 11:17:42 AM #4 Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 11:43:23 AM by Bearzerg
I kinda thought i could use the ps2 of Xbox files "as is" since the folder structure and files extensions are the same, but these breaks the game (cant load a map with ps2 files + buzzing sound, and just buzzing sound with Xbox files). I briefly searched if i could extract then repack those .lvl files, but on the only extractor i found it was said that it worked mostly with textures.

EDIT : SWBFunmunge dontt seem to work well with sound files, i got some files (idk if i got them all) and a load of errors "Warning: Unknown hash looked up".

https://github.com/phantom567459/SoundFMVextractor/releases/tag/1.1

I think I have the French VO files (and German and Japanese) but have never actually tried to compile them into the main game.  It's something I can look into but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on March 23, 2024, 05:34:44 PMhttps://github.com/phantom567459/SoundFMVextractor/releases/tag/1.1

That might be what I'm looking for. I finally understand why the console files don't work with the switch version, as the later is likely using PC sounds file format (for higher quality I guess ?). Your files are extracted ? Do you have the originals .lvl/.bnk files by any chance ? Otherwise, I'll give it a shot, thanks.