Worth installing SWBF2?

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», March 03, 2013, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've posted it numerous times on this site but I'll repeat: BF2 has some amazing mods that make it worth checking out. Basically the top 10 files here
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/
are really outstanding. The online gameplay is not as good as SWBF, but the fact that they haven't had a shutdown may cause you to see the silver lining.

whats a fake console?
also ill try some of the mods, but running out of room which was the main reason for me not just installing it for the "star wars factor"

would play it mostly for online, but sucks bout the community, i mean thats main reason stayed on swbf for so long

but right now none of that really matters cause keep getting a "cyclic redundancy check" error on the second disc.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Fake console is a mod that allows you to 'hack' the game,like,kill everyone.

I thought Fake Console was for testing things in game.
I don't see how it could reach across a server and "kill" everyone.. unless your talking about AI in single player.

No Tirps..

You can kill all the AIs, kill all humans, force all humans to side 1, force all ai to side 2, add jetpacks(to any unit) (people don't need to have mod installed to play with this stuff as well), walk threw shield, shoot threw shields, gravity and speed controls, view controls (this is my favorite command), and LOTS of other thing like no CPs and stuff..

You should try it sometime ;)

Quote from: tirpider on March 04, 2013, 03:10:54 PM
I thought Fake Console was for testing things in game.
I don't see how it could reach across a server and "kill" everyone.. unless your talking about AI in single player.

Actually, the v1.3 mod (has Fake Console), can be used in multiplayer. If the host is using v1.3, the server will be listed as: v1.3:Name-of-server. Infact, one of our members has the mod, and we were toying around with it. Even before that Boom was using it on a server, and we were able to fly around, he even spawned like 100 AI instantly on a map.

It can be used for testing to, but it has some awesome commands to use in multiplayer too.

You can enter any LUA command (as long as you know what you're doing) and it should execute it (thats kinda fun to toy around with).

And that specific version of fake console was meant for multiplayer, so it has lots of cool scripts to show off at the people who don't know how to install mods =P

Sounds like something I would love to see in BF1. (My pc still can't run BF2.)
Not without some way to mitigate the potential for abuse online though.

I have seen Zerted himself state that he built Fake Console for debugging purposes.

As for MP, to the best of my knowledge the gameplay altering commands only work for the host. No I'm not saying only the host feels the effects of them. I'm saying that only the host can activate them.

Only a host could use it? That seems acceptable.  I'd even be ok with admin usage, but..  [snip before I start pontificating about things I know nothing of.]

I've never heard any noise about  cheaty stuff in BF2.  Surely it has it's own issues, but I haven't see any posts about it.

Ya i was mostly talking about Sp usage,but yes its possible for the host to use,which is not very common.