Online Campaign Maps(HELP!!!!) - SWBF2

Started by AnthonyBF2, September 04, 2013, 06:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When hosting a non dedicated game on PC version 1.1 swbf2, I can use admin commands and play campaign maps online, use swap to play locked teams(Naboo guards is an exalple) and this is all cool but the sadness is that I cannot apply this to server managers.

On the PC or PS2 server, I cannot load the maps. They DO exist in the mission.lvl and the map files contain everything needed to make the maps and objectives work properly.

When I issue the console command for a map change to a career level, the current map will end, the clients(players) will load the map, play the cut scene for that level.. when the cut scene ends, the server crashes disconnecting all players.

I've tried to make several edits to the BattlefrontII.exe in each of the version server managers.
I tried to make several edits to the mission.lvl and the map .lvl's, nothing at all works.

It's seems this only works correctly when the command is issued by the host, but this again only works on PC Battlefront 2 because the ps2 version doesn't have a chat to enter commands into.

The way I made a server manager load the map(even if it fails) was to edit the player menu and add something like(the career maps coding is not listed in the maps tab on the server interface)

/admin /changemap geo1c_c"|cmd      -But gives the result mentioned above.

Anyone with any knowledge higher than my own level of intelligence, please screw around with this!!

An online campaign server would be a fantastic addition to game play.

As for swbf1? eh.. the servers don't even have a command function.  ::)

Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.