EA SWBF crossed over into P2W with Bespin

Started by Led, June 26, 2016, 08:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So the EE-4 is available to Bespin DLC owners, but can be played in the other game modes...It has a very high damage and very high rate of fire.  I've been constantly getting killed by it in Blast mode.

So, IMO, this is the crossing point into P2W territory and is something I won't support.   :td:

I won't waste my money on the game until all four DLC are released and reduced in price.  Perhaps there will still be players then  ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The Outer Rim Weapons are already like that. And don't worry, eventually enough people will whine about it and it'll get nerfed, ruining it for those who have it, and there's people (such as myself) who don't care much about balance and just wanna play the game for fun who will stick around.

The outer rim weapons were not quite as OP and mostly fit within the standard weapon stats.  The EE-4 pistol does more damage than an anti-tank weapon.

Here are some additional thoughts I have: 

Every weapon and star card I have used has been nerfed, so I have no pity for when the EE-4 gets it too.

Before the paid DLCs, I could always say, if you don't like getting killed by it, just use it yourself and take your revenge that way.  Now, I can't say that.  The paid DLC weapons should be restricted to the DLC modes.

One of DICE's reasons for a lack of class system was to promote an equality of players.  This is counter to that goal.

Playing for fun is great, but I value fairness as an essential part of my fun.

Quote from: Led on June 26, 2016, 10:06:14 AM
One of DICE's reasons for a lack of class system was to promote an equality of players.  This is counter to that goal.

Playing for fun is great, but I value fairness as an essential part of my fun.
And I prefer balance and equality in gameplay, but a lack of that won't stop me from playing. I'm just too damn addicted to it.

I was never going to get the DLC anyways  :rofl:

Unless its for free, count me out. I have enough fun with my standard cards and maps. I remember somewhere that said that DLC's and P2W would be kept out of the new battlefront. If that's true, I'm not surprised EA lied. It's just what they do  :td:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on June 26, 2016, 11:17:22 AM
I was never going to get the DLC anyways  :rofl:

Unless its for free, count me out. I have enough fun with my standard cards and maps. I remember somewhere that said that DLC's and P2W would be kept out of the new battlefront. If that's true, I'm not surprised EA lied. It's just what they do  :td:
They said there wouldn't be micro-transactions. There's a difference. What they said was true.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Indeed.  These a macro-transactions for me  :P

Quote from: Commander Awesome on June 26, 2016, 09:40:36 AM
The Outer Rim Weapons are already like that.

Outer rim weapons weren't anything close to pay2win. The Rebly and DT-12 are two of the worst guns in the game.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

In my honest opinion, I'm pretty sure this game has turned into P2W.

First off, the FairGame banning system is completely screwed.

Second, they allow you to buy certain weapons and sets of star cards on their maxed out level for real money. And, they basically released an entire bundle of these weapons and starcards.

Even the Bounty Hunter trait and other traits were included in certain bundles.
The years just fly past, don't they?