Emotes are OP, please nerf

Started by Led, January 30, 2016, 08:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, they hit us with the super nerfs. 

Now, I never used the bowcaster, DL-44, homing shot, or a couple of other items (although I liked the explosive shot), but I ended up getting pretty good at countering those items.  Instead of tweaking the items, they pretty much gutted most of them.

Now, I'm using the DH17.  I'm sure that will be next on the nerf list...

And in the end every last item will get nerfed, then I suspect we will all just be using "emotes" on each other until someone dies "someone please open a blast door..."   :hmm:

The real solution is to trust the players to run their own servers and let us make our own settings.  Sigh.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

January 30, 2016, 09:42:33 AM #1 Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:57:47 AM by Ginev
I haven't played the game (With 4GB ram on my computer that wont be good idea) but i think this is really a good idea Led.The DH17 blaster is my favorite.I watched alot of videos and i like it very much.DICE did one thing right in this game and thats how the weapons feel when you shoot with them.

On the other hand it's a lot easier to survive more than 5 minutes on Jakku without the constant homing shot spam. I will not miss the homing shot.
In addition, those who constantly spammed jetpack-bowcaster combos will not be missed in cargo games, they were the worst maaaan.

Those weapons needed to be adjusted, for sure.  It's that they seem to go way to far and it will just shift everyone over to the next star card combo until it gets nerfed, etc, etc, etc,
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

As long as they don't mess with the A280c, that thing is an almost perfect match to the blaster rifle in SWBF in terms of DPS.

Over 3 months later, EA still haven't fixed the sound issue. Most of these weapon nurfing seems a bit irrelevant.

DICE are worse than most indie game developers, that's just appalling.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

The homing shot and the bowcaster needed downward adjustment, but I bemoan the loss of my beloved DL44.  Was it really overpowered?  Yes, but that's why I liked it.  My gameplay was based around getting close enough to a player where I could deliver two quick shots to the head (in a kind and loving manner).  Oh well.

I love the Emotes, though I only see them used waiting for matchplay to start.  I also like the flying ragdoll when a player dies while using a jetpack.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on January 30, 2016, 03:29:52 PM
DICE are worse than most indie game developers, that's just appalling.
No need to lower the standard of indie devs everywhere because of one silly set of devs from a commercial business.

On a more related note, all the updates are probably why I sucked super hard today.. Just unlocked my jetpack too.

Suprised anyone still plays this when swbf1 and 2 still exsist. From what I have seen the gameplay bland and viturally non-exsistant, the good graphics are only entertaining for a few hours at most. Am I missing something?

I think they spend 80% of the development time for making thouse complex maps and then in the last few months they called their programers to pack everything in this crap they calling "final product" :D

Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on January 30, 2016, 05:42:36 PM
No need to lower the standard of indie devs everywhere because of one silly set of devs from a commercial business.

I didn't mean it like that, I meant for a company as big as them, they should be able to make better games than indie devs.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on January 31, 2016, 12:20:34 AM
Suprised anyone still plays this when swbf1 and 2 still exsist. From what I have seen the gameplay bland and viturally non-exsistant, the good graphics are only entertaining for a few hours at most. Am I missing something?
This game is not without faults, but I do believe it is the victim of a juvenile outrage culture.
I find it fun, despite the plethora of reviewers claiming it to be a dry soulless game. I would go as far to suggest that all modern games are subject to highly polarised reviews, as only the most entertaining emotional reviews seem to get an audience.

Good. Those people with the DL-44s really annoyed me. And the homing shot.
Maybe they will make the lightsaber emote kill people?

The only weapon I think needs to be adjusted  (toned down) is the pulse cannon. I'm really sick of dying from one shot from a mile away from some green lightning bolt. The rest of the weapons seem reasonably balanced.