How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down

Started by Anyder, July 26, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Having problems with the patch (maybe it's just my game files or something, but I don't think so).
On a Mac (OSX Yosemite 10.10.5) and even with the patch installed, whenever I click the multiplayer tab, the game freezes.
After 5-10 minutes when it un-freezes, there is no game list and no nothing to select or join. This happens every single time I click join under the multiplayer tab.
Because of this I cannot even play LAN with friends. Is there a fix for this? (P.S. I wiped my disk and reinstalled my OS but same problem).

Are you using the Mac Aspyr version of SWBF?  If so, the patch is only for the PC version.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If I have the SWBF 2 via steam, what can I do?
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

Use the SWBF2 autoinstaller and make sure to chose your install location based on where Steam says it is located.
(in your game library, right click and view game properties, install location).

Okay so I have swbf 2 installed on my Desktop and I want to play swbf 2 online is game master and stuff still the way to go or has it all switched to swbfspy as well and if possible i'd like to be able to host a sever without having to edit hosts files as well, on top of that I don't know how to even be on my own server like as in battling while I am hosting I've tried before but It just gave me a screen where I don't remember all it was but I think there was an end server and boot options for booting people but I didn't see anyway I could play it..... I don't know a lot of this stuff is hard for me to learn cause of my learning disabilities but if its broken down and slowed up for me a bit I can learn it easier I don't know, theres a lot of things I want to do but its a drag to do it but I want to but its a drag cause its hard for me to learn and take me a long time to figure things out lol.

Great now i'm gonna lose you in my rambled on post I think a lot and too much out loud that it just transfers and leads to something else, and then when I want stuff to come out I miss words I say in my head so its confusing to people lol

Also is there mod tools like there is for swbf if so i'd like to know how to do that and what not cause i'd like to make some maps and what not. (Which is also sorta a drag for me but I want to do it really bad (Yes I know that's such a drag))

Anyways can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!

Quote from: Samistheone on January 09, 2017, 06:02:38 PM
is game master and stuff still the way to go
Gamemaster shut down the masterserver, that's why we are hosting it now.

i'd like to be able to host a sever without having to edit hosts files as well, on top of that I don't know how to even be on my own server like as in battling while I am hosting I've tried before but It just gave me a screen where I don't remember all it was but I think there was an end server and boot options for booting people but I didn't see anyway I could play it.....
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1390
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1258
For that u have to:
1) Host it on a paid VPS/Rootserver
2) Host under another account of ur PC

I don't know a lot of this stuff is hard for me to learn cause of my learning disabilities but if its broken down and slowed up for me a bit I can learn it easier I don't know, theres a lot of things I want to do but its a drag to do it but I want to but its a drag cause its hard for me to learn and take me a long time to figure things out lol.

Great now i'm gonna lose you in my rambled on post I think a lot and too much out loud that it just transfers and leads to something else, and then when I want stuff to come out I miss words I say in my head so its confusing to people lol
You think ? xd

Also is there mod tools like there is for swbf if so i'd like to know how to do that and what not cause i'd like to make some maps and what not. (Which is also sorta a drag for me but I want to do it really bad (Yes I know that's such a drag))

Anyways can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=436
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I downloaded the .exe, placed it inside the gamedata folder.
Launched the .exe, and in the multiplayer -> join screen, I get a [Busy 0%] popup.

After I click cancel on the [Busy 0%] popup there are no servers on my screen. This client literally doesn't work.

Gameranger is also totally broken, limited to 15fps when I use it to start a match but at least it can connect to a server.

This tutorial thread was hard enough to find. Instructions for installing this should be included with the download. How about a readme bundled inside a .zip? Doesn't matter anyways, multiplayer in this game is a total clusterf*ck.
There's no information anywhere to even find out what works. Gameranger? Gamemaster? SWBFgamers? Steam? GOG? Hopeless

Quote from: margroloc on December 03, 2017, 12:12:43 AM
Launched the .exe, and in the multiplayer -> join screen, I get a [Busy 0%] popup.

After I click cancel on the [Busy 0%] popup there are no servers on my screen. This client literally doesn't work.

Gameranger is also totally broken, limited to 15fps when I use it to start a match but at least it can connect to a server.

This tutorial thread was hard enough to find. Instructions for installing this should be included with the download. How about a readme bundled inside a .zip? Doesn't matter anyways, multiplayer in this game is a total clusterf*ck.
There's no information anywhere to even find out what works. Gameranger? Gamemaster? SWBFgamers? Steam? GOG? Hopeless
First of all, the thread is not hard to find, since its linked in the Portal, as well as in other website.
If u actually tried to google SWBFSpy u'd find at least 6 videos on how to install SWBFSpy, which is just an exe replacement.
Also, that is so not the attitude to post anything here.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: margroloc on December 03, 2017, 12:12:43 AM

Your attitude and maturity are commendable and I congratulate you on keeping your language civil and polite.

All joking aside... you should really do your research before being so blatantly disrespectful.

We support (as a hobby)  SWBF(1) and  SWBF2 for PS2, PC, Mac, and Linux for playing and serving the games.  There are many exe's out there.  Some are even language specific.

Tell us what you downloaded and we will help.

Quote from: macwookie17 on March 30, 2018, 12:50:46 PM
SO can it work on steam anymore?

You can play on GoG servers for SWBF2 steam, or you can get our patch kit to play on SWBFspy.   You will likely find more players on GoG at this point in time.

If you bought battlefront 2 on steam it should work like it used to, you sometimes have to refresh the server list a few times if it freezes.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I am doing a fresh clean install, then starting the process over again...